Heredis is to date the only application which allows you to keep your genealogy always to hand!
Why will you love it?
Because it is not just a simple GEDCOM viewer. It does much more than that!
• Add, delete or modify a person directly from your iPhone, your iPad or iPod touch. Adapted and designed to suit all types of touch, you enter your genealogy data on Heredis in the most smooth and rapid manner. Heredis will control duplicates in real time and will automatically save your data.
• When you are in love, you don’t count your pennies! That is why you can enter as much data as you want: files, persons, number of generations, sources by event, notes, media ... Your input has no limit.
• You may choose between basic mode which displays the sections that you have already filled in or comprehensive mode which displays the incomplete sections so that you know where you are! Personal numbering or Ahnentafel? It is up to you to use the one that suits you best.
• Synchronize your data with a Mac. That's great. But synchronizing your data with other PCs, iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is much better. At any time a change can be effected on any device. You are up to date on all your devices!
• Exchange your data easily with other genealogists: a branch to give your cousin who has a Mac, get the file from your friend who has an iPhone, synchronize your work on your home computer and on your mobile. Heredis for iOS can also be used independently since you can import and export GEDCOM files.
• Add the photo of the latest member of the family with a click of the fingers and impress your friends. Select your grandchild on the Immediate Family screen. Take the picture with your iPhone or fetch it from Photos. Add it to your tree. Quickly and easily.
• Heredis Trees are highly refined. Up to six generations, show them what you can do. Double-tap to zoom the box and then slide to view other chart boxes.
• Look at your trees and share them with your family. Send them by email or print them using the power of AirPrint.
• Write with your voice by dictating to Siri. Add info to your ancestor’s data fields. It's instantaneous.
• Everything you like about Heredis is on the iOS application: add bookmarks or note any person as secondary or childless, just as if you were working on your computer. Enter any type of union or event. If Heredis does not propose it, just invent it! Check the indexes of places and of sources.
• What can be more amazing than seeing one’s genealogy illustrated? Simply the fact that it is on your iPhone and your iPad. Capture photos of persons, places, sources or get them from Photos. Scroll through all your media, zoom on pictures. And do not forget that you can link any type of document to your genealogy (PDF files, word processor documents, charts).
Forget everything you knew. Try Heredis. Be amazed.
Heredis also exists for your Mac or Windows.
Heredis has been designing genealogy software for over 20 years. Avant-garde and revolutionary in its approach, Heredis keeps ahead of its competitors through its innovative technological choices and genealogical solutions which are fully geared to user needs. In order to maintain the best possible software, Heredis works closely with its users and welcomes all suggestions which will contribute to its development.
import/export GEDCOM bugs fixed
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty handy, but...
I've been happily using this for a couple of years and been very satisfied. However, with the last update the media uploading has stopped working. Now I can't add photos from my library.
Cannot sync with desktop version
One of the things I used to love about this software is that it would sync perfectly with the desktop version. But that was 2016 and now it does not sync. When I inquired about getting instructions for syncing, I was told that it did nit sync any more and it was suggested that I put my tree on a flash drive to transfer it to another computer or erase the tree from the mobile app and reinstall it. So disappointed. After spending years getting my data wiped out by another genealogy program on a regular basis, I thought I found the best genealogy software ever. Now I am looking for a replacement.
Crashes when trying to send by email PDF chart.
My iOs is up to date after a full new reinstal. Iphone 5 in perfect conditions.
No problem importing 2 mg gedcom file.
Program looks really nice, promising, easy to navigate and adding pictures of data, but when trying to send PDF chart by email, Heredis allways crashes. What a living bug inside the App!!!!
So too nice interface, no problem at all importing gedcom file, but doing something very very simple: as creating a PDF chart and opening email app to send the chart, the program all the time, allways crashes. My comclusion: this is just a snow job. Useless.
What if You put more data, pictures, sources, and then Heredis crashes when trying to export the gedcom file? I'm not going to asume that risk so bye bye Heredis.
Come back when You can offer us a right and good working App.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.