Hero Care by the American Red Cross is a complete solution for members of the military, veterans, and their families to prepare for, cope with and respond to the challenges of military service.
The Red Cross is the only civilian organization authorized to serve as the emergency communications link to service members with their families back home. Hero Care enables families to easily set up and submit an emergency request should circumstances at home require it - 24 hours a day, 365 a year, no matter where in the world service members are stationed.
The app also guides users through the various services offered by the Red Cross to assist families before, during and after deployments, as well as containing a variety of other critical information:VA facilities locations, benefits information, mental health/substance abuse and job resources.
- Free and available in English and Spanish
- Military members can use the app to easily complete and submit their Family Identification Card making the processing of any family member’s emergency request quicker
- Military family members can initiate an emergency request at the touch of a button with the required information securely stored in the app
- Learn of the extensive and non-emergency array of services the Red Cross provides to the members of the military, veterans and their families, including: Financial assistance, Reconnection Workshops, Pre-Deployment preparedness, etc.
- Learn about the various benefits offered by Veteran’s Affairs for service members, veterans and their families, along with contact phone numbers and web addresses
- Get help applying your military skills to a civilian job via Vets 2 Careers, substance abuse or mental health treatment via SAMHSA, and other local resources and opportunities via Unite US
- Easily locate Red Cross shelters and offices in your community as well as a variety of VA facilities, including hospitals and benefit centers.
- Families can capture a moment and share with service members using a variety of themed frames; military members can let all their friends and family back home know when its their service anniversary
This version now supports the latest iOS.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I can’t thank you enough
When my mother passed away suddenly this weekend the Red Cross was able to get a message to my son in the Navy. He was able to call me later that day and I can never express how much gratitude I have for this. Thank you!
Support for the Red Cross
I am excited being a part of the red cross volunteer and hopefully taking up some future classes awesome Iam also a ham operator an work in laboratory assistance and training from the fire department putting out fires.
My son recently graduated from BMT and it's a good feeling knowing Red Cross is here when we need it. I received the email the day after we came home from Lackland AFB. It all worked out so perfectly. Thank you to all service members, past, present, and future.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- American Red Cross
- 45.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2020 American Red Cross
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.