Make renting a car fast, easy, and stress-free with the Hertz® car rental app.
Save time and get on the road faster with the free Hertz® car rental app. Unlock the power to reserve, modify and review your reservations with a few swipes of your finger; helping you spend less time in lines so you can get to your destination quicker.
Download the Hertz app to get immediate access to all these features:
• Skip the hassle of other car rental apps with Hertz’s one-touch log-in.
• Enjoy effortless navigation with menus and features designed for mobile.
• Book your next car rental faster by using saved searches.
• Easily find a Hertz location near you, anywhere in the world, including hours of operation, contact information, and directions to the location.
• Get access to exclusive offers and content with Hertz Gold Plus Rewards®.
• And much more…
What benefits do you get with the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program?
• Earn rewards points, unlock perks and score exclusive benefits to earn free car rental days, free upgrades and more.
• Sign up is 100% free, helping you start earning rewards faster.
• Enjoy a personalized in-app experience with your name, member number, status, and rewards points balance all in one convenient location.
• See upcoming reservations at log-in or access your complete Hertz car rental history to make new bookings and help you complete expense reports.
• Easily review or modify upcoming car rentals with a few swipes.
• Redeem, request and exchange rewards points to pay for your car rental directly from the app.
• Modify and update your preferred payment method with ease.
Explore everything you’ll get with Hertz Gold Plus Rewards by going here: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/index.jsp?targetPage=gold_plus_rewards_overview.jsp
Did You Know…
In 2020, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards was voted the best car rental rewards program by FlyerTalk.com, an online website with over 750,000 members, 30 million posts and earning 20 million page views per month.
The Greatest Award is Our Customers’ Satisfaction
The Hertz Corporation is privileged to serve great customers like you, and because you push us to do better, be more and work to improve your overall car rental experience, we’ve been recognized for those efforts.
Thank you for being the motivation for Hertz to achieve these great awards:
• Women’s Choice Award – Best Car Rental Loyalty Program
• Ethisphere Institute Award - World’s Most Ethical Company - 2020
• Recommend Readers’ Choice Award – Best Car Rental Company (7x Winner)
• FlyerTalk Awards – Best Car Rental Loyalty Program (8x Winner)
• AAA Discounts and Rewards – Outstanding AAA Partner of the Year (2x Winner)
• Trazee Awards – Favorite Car Rental Company
• Global Traveler Award – Best Car Rental Company (6x Winner)
• Bitacora Award – Best National Car Rental Company (7x Winner)
• Annual World Travel Awards – Favorite Car Rental Company
• And many more.
Learn More About Hertz:
Hertz is much more than a rental car business. We are a company that prides itself on dedication to customers' changing needs by offering a wide variety of vehicles and services. We boast a rich history of significant first steps, ambitious ideas and innovation that has formed our company into the reputable brand it is today. Discover why millions of customers every year trust Hertz for their rental car needs.
This update is part of our continuous improvement based on user feedback to improve stability, performance and reliability. Some of the highlights in this version are:
- Easily access and log in to your Gold Plus Rewards membership for all bookings.
- Discover new UX enhancements coming soon.
Ratings and Reviews
My last rental
Last time I rented a vehicle I drove to Dallas for my Dads funeral. From the beginning, I was treated poorly by the Clinton hwy location. The seven oaks location did what they could but it was still a mess. I drove all the way to Nashville in a terrible storm and t up to standards as I’ve been renting from y’all for 20 years. The car was making noises, gliding on the highway due to flooding rain and when I finally found the Nashville Airport the car was steaming and I guess over heating. I was given another car but I had to walk around the parking lot for an hour looking for it because it was not parked in the space they sent me. I had to unload everything and reload. Once I got the new car things went great but I was late to my dads service due to the several hour delay.
I’m telling you this because I was never given points for my rental. Also I hope I am treated better than I was at Clinton hwy. I’ve rented from seven oaks many times and everyone is always very busy but very attentive and polite. Thank you
Developer Response ,
Greetings, we hate to hear that you've been having issues with our app. If there's any more information you would like to give us as feedback we would be happy to hear it via Message on our Facebook or Twitter pages. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Please know you can always use our website to update your account, or you can reach out to us on social media for assistance. -Donna
My wife reserved a vehicle online as it stated it was available. The following day the local store tried to call me, but since I am not able to take my phone into work I did not get the information. They had told me they did have that car anymore. The only car they had was a small SUV. They said they would have to charge me more because it was a 2021 SUV. I said well ok since I need a car. The manager said she would have try and get it lowered. So the price ended up being the same price as the original car I was going to rent. The problem came when she added PAI/PEC and roadside service without my approval and changing what my wife had selected online. So I brought this to her attention and she stated that if she took that off she would have to charge me $150 a day instead of $53 a for the car. She didn’t even show me the new charges or go over the documents. She didn’t even want to do a walk around for the car. I had to say ok let’s do a walk around. Then she told me that I would only have to put in as much fuel as was in the car already when I returned It. On the contract it says tank needs to be full. She was more worried about closing than. taking care of the customer. Before I could even get in my car they had closed up shop. It was 5:00 when we left. My wife’s number is also in my file, instead of trying three times to call me she should of called my wife.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, and feedback about your experience. We hope to continue improving to give our renters a better experience. - Hertz App Team
Terrible customer service and deceiving advertising
So I booked a car rental fro one day and half from the Hertz in LAX. The car was in good condition but there was zero help from the people working there. I asked where was the car I booked and the manager was like “just pick one from there” and when I asked a follow up question he straight up ignored me.
I was like whatever I picked my car and drove away thinking everything I needed to pay was paid for. Boy was I wrong! So when I booked the Hertz I put as drop off location the Hertz in Burbank (21 miles from the LAX one) since it was closer to my airbnb. Went to drop off the car and I get a $60 charge the day after, when I ask support about this they said it was an “intercity fee” for dropping off the car to a different location. Nowhere near the checkout page it said I was going to be charged a $60 fee for selecting a different location. Would I known that I would’ve dropped off the car at LAX and uber back to my airbnb (I guarantee it wouldn’t have costed me $60).
Very sad about my experience with Hertz and would not recommend it to anyone. Oh and don’t forget to fill up the tank before you return it or they will charge you $9 a gallon to fill it up themselves (they also don’t tell you that I had to google that myself)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Hertz Corporation
- 76.2 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 The Hertz Corporation
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.