Hest organizes the books you read into your personal library, tracks your reading activities, keeps you engaged in your reading pursuits, and much more.
Capture your inspirations, ideas by creating notes
Notifications to remind you to read any reading book on specific times
Build your library by adding books to your shelves.
Update your progress as you are reading.
Stats based on the updates you make
Set a goal to finish reading a book. Once you pick a date to finish reading a book by, Hest will tell how many pages you need to read per day.
Hest curates books based on the "topics" you choose.
Read and re-read books as many times as you like. Hest keeps track of all your reading activities for every reading session.
- Added the ability to edit pages of every book in your personal library. You can edit pages by tapping the book in your library that you want to edit then tap the three-dotted icon on the top right.
- Fixed a bug that caused the shelves' count to update incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug that caused issues when deleting a book from your read shelf.
- Fixed a bug that caused issues when your book is added to read the shelf directly.
- We have something special - enable notifications and see the magic.
- Fixed a bug that prevented from tapping the books in search feature’s “Titles” tab.
- Now you can see the pages you last read on your progress update history view. You can see this new design update in the “Activities” section of a book you have multiple updates.
- Addressed dark mode issue in the Explore tab and when you add a book to your library.
- Redesigned interface to reflect “Add a note…” feature available in update progress view.
- Updated illustration assets to be compatible with dark mode.
This update contains a major update that will fix issues regarding the deletion of books and shelf count being updated incorrectly. To users whose account consists of incorrect shelf count, please contact us and we will fix it for you manually; we opted to do it this way because it’s a resource-conserving approach for us.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app helps me stay on top of my reading. The features in this app are truly unique and offer many things that the bigger competitors do not have. Keep up the great work!
So much potential but also has problems
I really like the basic idea of this app and a lot about it. It has every single book I’ve ever searched for, the my library features are great, and I love keeping notes.
The bad...I always find new glitches. Lately, it does not show all of the books that I’ve read in my library. I’ve read 9, but it shows only 4 (while saying at the top that I’ve read 9).
Also, it would be really nice if you could edit the dates for when you read a book. I sometimes forget to enter a book until later, or I’ve added a book I read before getting the app, but it thinks I read the book on the date I entered it in the app and I can’t find a way to edit it.
Developer Response ,
Update March 2020: your concern about books not being able to see your library is addressed. Currently working on the feature you requested. Hold tight 😊
Could you please help us find this crash? We need to know which book, what page number you are updating it to, and did you add a book mark note or not?
Great user experience
This app has a lot of potential with great metrics and delightful user experience.
- Hest LLC
- 32.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020, Joseph Francis
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.