Hexaglyphics Noise Generator 4+
Designed for iPad
USER GUIDE VIDEO: https://youtu.be/F1ihoFJyPRE
(to see the videos you can also go to the product page by clicking "Developer Website" below)
"As noisemakers go, this one has lot of interactivity"
"Perhaps one of the more abstract user interfaces you might encounter"
"It's one of those somewhat rare apps that just grabs your attention"
"Simple to use, yet surprisingly versatile, it's a captivating app."
Hexaglyphics is a 13-bit noise generator with an interface based on an original alphabet for hexadecimal values. It can turn gestures into a wide range of noise sweeps, beeps, zaps/clicks, squarish oscillations and abstract sounds.
- Multitouch control zone with frequency of the noise oscillator on the x axis and (linear) amplitude on the y axis. The data of multiple touch are used consecutively each oscillator cycle. Every sample generated is visualized in this control zone, white are positive values and grey are negative values.
- Multitouch filter bar: Bandpass filter when you use one finger or Lowpass/Highpass combination when you use two fingers. Filters frequencies are not smoothed so with the right fast gestures you can execute some kinds of strange clicky sounds.
- Subsonic sine generator for subs and 808-ish kicks. You can deactivate/reactivate the sub sine interface by pressing the channel button more than 2 seconds and then releasing it.
- Buttons for selecting one of five different tone generation modes.
- Latch button for holding down the touched points even when you raise your fingers, useful for further processing the sound using external effects or plugins. You can latch everything or just the filter bar. When "latch all" mode is active a button appears at the right of the filter bar for clearing the latched touch points.
- Three performance mode: Standard for normal gated playing, Click mode for generating one-frequency-cycle clicks and Hybrid for generating click with a single touch and long sounds with multi-touch.
- Three output channel modes: Mono, Stereo (sub is always mono) and Split (noise on the left and sub on the right, useful for using different channels on a mixer).
- Audiobus 2 and Inter-App Audio support.
PHOTOSENSITIVE SEIZURE WARNING:
A very small percentage of people may experience a seizure when exposed to certain visual images, including flashing lights or patterns that may appear in this app. Even people who have no history of seizures or epilepsy may have an undiagnosed condition that can cause these "photosensitive epileptic seizures" to occur. Please do not use this program if you think you may be affected, and discontinue use if the app causes any discomfort.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Audiobus updated to v2.2.1
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app!!
Like it says in the title, I LOVE this app! I can honestly say I use it in, probably 3/4 of my setups (in some way or another). So I just thought I’d stop in and drop a rating, as (and if you’re into this type of thing you’ll understand and probably agree) it really deserves it.. There’s a certain ‘playability’ to it that just makes it sound, and feel great to play, while also having the ability to be meat-grinder HARSH! -but in a beautiful way!.
The only thing I’d like to differ about it would be the possibility of Auv3 compatible, reducing the need to switch back and forth between iaa pages (hindering much added potential!). I’m not sure it’s even under dev support at this point, so I’m not holding my breath, just putting it out there, and glad it’s still a thing as it is..
Thanks again to the dev, if you happen to see this!
Glad hex is back!
Thank you so so much for bringing this back to the App Store. It may be hard to believe because this is such a niche app, but this is an invaluable production tool for me. Being able to create very precise and varied noise is not something I’ve found as immediate or ‘instrumental’ before. I was heartbroken about a month or 2 ago when I tried to re-download hex onto my new iPad, as I used it in a lot of compositions (mostly filtered through hardware as a percussion element).
Many thanks to the developer for an app I personally consider essential <3
I picked this app up at full price on release. One of the top synth apps for using with a touch interface. I see you've discontinued support, hope you'll reconsider or release the next level at some point. Brilliant!
The developer, Nicola Pisanti, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Nicola Pisanti
- 4.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Nicola Pisanti
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.