This app is an invaluable companion for users of mercury barometers. It is also of a highly didactical value for the understanding of barometric pressure related phenomena like different measurement units for this quantity.
When using an old-style mercury barometer one must determine the heights at the top and at the glass contact of the meniscus. Moreover, the instrument temperature as well as the gravitational acceleration at the site is needed to estimate the actual barometric pressure. In the past cumbersome tables or laborious calculations were needed to correct the various influence quantities. This app saves you from this trouble.
On selected devices you can compare the build-in altimeter with the calculated pressure value of the mercury barometer.
- Natural user interface.
- Choice between many different pressure units.
- Observations and results can be shared in various ways.
- May be used to calibrate your mercury barometer (or your iOS device, whichever you deem more accurate)
- more consistent appearance
- fixed a bug for sharing data
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.