Experience flying with the Head-up Guidance System from Collins Aerospace.
Experience head-up and eyes-forward flying with the Head-up Guidance System (HGS™) from Collins Aerospace. With this application, you can use your iPad to simulate flying an approach into Innsbruck, Austria, and Queenstown, New Zealand, under a variety of weather conditions. Use the Career mode to build your skill, or take on the Challenge mode with user-defined settings if you want to create your own scenario. Follow the guidance cue in and see just how much our HGS technology helps you fly precisely, every time.
- Your hands hold the yoke - tilt forward to nose down and back to nose up, and turn your device left and right to steer
- Designed by pilots to challenge other pilots, but simple enough to learn that anyone can enjoy
- Get the boss to their meeting on-time with a business jet, or safely deliver your passengers with an airliner
- Pick Career to build your skill, or dive right in with Challenge mode
- Experience all kinds of weather, such as crosswinds, windshear, rain and fog
- Use Synthetic Vision & Enhanced Vision to “see” the terrain during day, night or fog
HGS Flight allows you to see real symbology from the head-up displays used in actual airplanes. Use this tool to see how the HGS allows pilots to keep their head up and eyes out of the cockpit, focusing on the challenge at hand.
- Added locations - Queenstown and New Zealand
- Windshear options and enhanced vision system options
- Take off and go around feature has been added.
Ratings and Reviews
I like this game a lot, and it will help me perfect my landing, but I think it would be really cool if you turned this into a full flight simulator with more airplanes and the ability to take off and fly to a destination. And with full controls like flaps, gear, and speed breaks. It also would be nice to have more cameras.
If you love flying...
What a great experience complete with 3D graphics, weather, day/night, etc. Landing this thing is so much fun and the Head up guidance display is very useful. As a pilot myself, I can say this is as close to reality as you can get without being in an actual simulator or plane.
Almost Like the Real Thing...
Almost like the real thing. It could use a longer ATC audio loop; it replays the same comm's while you're still on your approach. Volume is not controllable except for turning it off. If you change the power/thrust setting, you can not set it back to the default in order to stabilize at 135kt. Roll control seems overly sensitive, and the app a little laggy in roll. Pitch is ok. Is it just me or are the compass headings reversed and therefore must move in the 'wrong' direction to show the correct heading vs. direction of turn? (Hdg 280 is to the left of Hdg 270). Let's add some other cool airports and some RF-leg approaches! (PSP, Gastineau, etc.)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Rockwell Collins Inc
- 219.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Collins Aerospace. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.