Can't think of a Future Message for yourself? Check out our new SUGGESTED future messages! Messages to keep you healthy, sane, and motivated!
== Send Messages To Your Future Self!
Type your message, select a time (or location), and press Send. Your message will appear in the future as a notification text reminder.
Tap on a delivered message at any time to snooze or reschedule.
== Location-Based Messages
Send messages for the moments when you arrive (or depart) a location.
Here are some fun ideas for location-based future messages:
- Grocery list when you enter a store
- Barista names for when you enter your favorite coffee shop (instant friends!)
- Reminders for when you leave your home!
- Motivation to do your best when you get to the gym
== Future Messages for Your Friends
Do you have a friend (or family member) that constantly needs a reminder?
Send them a Future Message Invite and they'll receive the notification right when they need it.
== Schedule Repeating Messages
Some messages are so good, they're better on repeat!
Ideas for repeating messages:
- Words of encouragement at different times of the week/month
- Repeating weekly or monthly chores
- Medication reminders
- Reminders to stay in touch with friends (or family) regularly. You totally don't need this because you're so amazing. But just in case.
== Beautiful in Dark Mode
HiFutureSelf will naturally match your iOS theme.
Designed to be easy on the eyes in both light and dark mode.
== Send Yourself the Boost You Need
Don't be shy, schedule some words of encouragement and motivation. Make your days and weeks a little brighter.
A kind word from your past self can go a long way on a tough day!
== Pause & Resume Repeating Messages
In case you are traveling or need a break from your usual messages, just swipe from left to right to pause them. Swipe again to Resume!
== Preview Your Messages in the Today Widget
View today's future messages without opening the app! Swipe left from your lock-screen or home screen to view messages that will be arriving today.
- New Suggested Messages for existing users!
- Open HiFutureSelf, navigate to the Message list and select the two-person icon.
- Suggesyted Messages ranging from motivation, encouragement, and inspiration, to daily, weekly tasks and reminders
- MANY more coming soon!!! If you have messages you would like to contribute, send them my way firstname.lastname@example.org
- Improved visual confirmation of messages sent for first-time users exiting the intro screen
Ratings and Reviews
I think this is an awesome app. I have suggested it to quite a few people with busy schedules. The only thing i wish it would do is have a shorter repeat cycle than 1 hr. Being a blind user i depend on the sound badge to pull my attention., i could be away from my phone etc. other than that this would be a 5* App for sure.
Excellent Single Purpose App
And Now for iPad!
Thank you to the developer for listening to my suggestion for an iPad version. Now works perfectly in landscape mode. This app does exactly what it says. Write yourself an email for a reminder sometime in the future. It will show up right when you need it.
Updated update (yeah, I know): I was contacted by the developer who tells me that an update with iPad version + landscape mode is coming soon. Thank you.
Review Update: I have completely stopped using this app because it will not work on an iPad in landscape mode.
• Here’s a request to the developer (whom I have previously contacted via email on this issue). Please adapt this to iPad and landscape mode.
There are a large number of people who would use this app if it would work in landscape mode. For any type of writing or written communication I use an iPad almost exclusively. I use a keyboard. I use something other than Hi Future Self that actually works.
Previous review (was 5 stars):
This app has been around for awhile, but now with and update. I have been using this for a long time. I often send email reminders to myself that arrive days, months, or years into the future. It saves me on anniversaries, or birthdays, or other distant events.
Of course if you think that current politics will result in a destroyed planet you won't need this app.
This is one of those apps that you can’t imagine your life without once you download it. I have a hard time maintaining systems that help me remember things, but this WORKS. I love how you can send yourself messages by location and that you can make messages recurring. I’m really excited about the new add friend feature too! Now I don’t need to get stressed when someone says the daunting phrase, “don’t let me forget…”
I recommend sending yourself recurring self-care or motivational messages, too. It’s nice looking out for your future self and feeling cared for by your past self.
Anyways, HiFutureSelf knows how to put the fun in functional. LOVE THIS APP!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind words! Happy to hear you’re enjoying HiFutureSelf!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- dBelement, LLC
- 18.9 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © dBelement, LLC