High Rise is a innovative take on the match 3 genre. A relaxed casual puzzle experience. Match colourful cubes and watch them merge, grow and your 3D puzzle cityscape rise.
Easily Rotate your 3D city with a swipe of your finger, place cubes with a tap and let them merge and grow higher. And higher. And higher...
Simple and engaging gameplay, that is easy to learn, but leaves a lot of space for your own tactics and personal improvement.
The game is complete in its free version but will show you ads occasionally. Those who prefer an add-free experience can remove them with the cheapest possible In-App-Purchase and also support us updating this game and creating new ones.
No hidden costs or cheap tricks.
• Innovative but easy gameplay
• Simple and fun mechanics
• A relaxed puzzle experience
• Now with alternative color schemes - color-blind and dark
• See your colorful city grow
• Compare your city score with your friends and the whole world
• Free with ads
• Remove all adds for the price of a cup of coffee
• No hidden costs or cheap tricks
• The game should not freeze anymore after complex merges
• No 'construction complete if the block up next is a remover
• Removing a building while playing in double tap mode now needs a second tap as well
• We fixed some typos in the tutorial
• Building a house with 19 storeys or more will not crash the game anymore
• We added a real color blind mode
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Simple and engaging
This is my new favorite puzzle game. Takes a couple tries to get the hang of it (I had to go through the tutorial a couple of times), but it’s worth it. At first, I thought the goal was to get the highest tower possible, so I would not use the “remove” feature on my high towers. But I realized you don’t lose points for removing them and it really helps to free up space. Once I figured that out, it really helped the game going.
Three things I would recommend to the developer.
1) It would be good to expand the tutorial a bit to explain how multiple color blocks work. It took me awhile to figure out that colors only merge if they are at the same level.
2) It would be great to have an immediate undo button for the last block you dropped. I can’t tell you how many time I accidentally tapped the wrong square and placed the block in the wrong spot. Maybe even have a timer on the button of a couple seconds. That way the user can’t undo because after thinking about where to place the next block, they realize they want to undo the block they just placed. Should/could be for “oops!” moments only.
3) The last thing, and I don’t if it’s just me. But I often place a block down thinking the color is actually the NEXT block. Not the current one. Maybe if there was a box or something around the current block to help make it stand out.
Fantastic puzzle game, with minor flaws
This has quickly become my new favorite puzzle game on my phone. It's a nice new spin on the match and merge concept that's so popular. It's one of those games that's easy to start and difficult to master. Thankfully, there is a tutorial that teaches the basics, as well as a few advanced techniques that'll boost your score quickly.
There are a few quirks with the game that keep this from being perfect. Like everyone has said, the blue and green tiles look too similar, so some better contrast can fix that. One issue I ran into is the tower-clearing power up. It's a useful one, yes, but in the rare event that the board is filled up and the next item is that power up, it just ends the game without me being able to use it. If that can be modified in a future version, I'd greatly appreciate it.
But those are ultimately minor issues with an otherwise enjoyable game. And it's free to boot, so that's an instant plus. If you want something to keep you busy, try this out.
A great start
Brilliant concept and well executed. The music is nicely composed, but a longer loop would be a nice touch (drop me a line, I’ll produce one for you). The aesthetic is strong as well and fits the mood of the game to keep the whole thing not stressful.
A few gentle critiques:
1) the blue and green look quite similar at some camera angles, if the green were darker it would help
2) infinite undo would ruin the game, but some economy to earn the occasional option to help when one simply clicks the wrong square would enhance the game
3) some of the more complex combination algorithms can leave you in an undesirable position you didn’t/couldn’t predict and would have avoided if you’d known. Even with the comprehensive “how to” it isn’t always clear what’s about to happen or why
4) don’t mind ads in exchange for free games but (a) many of them don’t actually ever let you get back to the game and you have to close and relaunch to keep playing and (b) the clickbait political stuff is inappropriate (if you have control over what ads actually run, please remove those in favor of something better)
Otherwise quite happy with this
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.