• Available on all your devices, on iOS, iPad and macOS •
• Highlight text, add notes and annotate any webpage directly into your Safari browser. All your edits are permanently saved for future review and you can also search, explore and remove content •
Everything is stored locally, no remote service involved, no accounts, no logins - it's simple.
Highlighter for Safari is a great extension, just a click away, ready to use every time you need to keep track of what's important, mark relevant information or enhance your understanding.
• Highlight text in Safari with multiple colours to choose from
• Add post it notes on any webpage
• All notes and highlights are permanently saved and you can review them whenever you comeback to your pages
• Search for highlighted content and notes
• Explore and remove added highlights and notes
• Export your notes in a rich text format
• Activate with a hotkey: hold down the Option key and start highlighting
• Activate the eraser: hold Option + Command keys
• Import and backup highlights
We read your support emails every day, day by day.
Write with confidence any question, feedback or complaint and you will receive an answer in a very short period of time.
• ⎇Option ⌘Command to enable the eraser
• ⎇Option to enable the highlighter
• Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Bit finicky to get working
It can work, but you can only do one note per web page which is a major limitation. I was expecting something like pdf highlighting where each highlight can have a corresponding note
Developer Response ,
Dear user, Thank you for your review, I'm taking notes of all of them.
The main focus of the app is to highlight text. The highlights stay even if you refresh the page - this is the idea of the app. Highlight some text and after you close the browser and come back to that website/page, you will have your highlights in the same place. The note taking is just a small feature that will complement your highlights.
You can also send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will gladly provide you with more details.
Highlighter for Safari is an intuitive app that is perfect in its simplicity. Highlighting is easy, the color choices make me happy, and it’s easy to write notes. I like the app's icon too.
TO POTENTIAL BUYERS: If you feel you’d benefit from the ability to highlight web pages, I highly recommend it. The financial investment is minimal when compared to the benefits. Go. For. It!
TO SUPPORT: I’d like to know more about organizing exported files for review. Saving the page as a pdf is straightforward, but do the exported notes need to be kept in the same folder as the pdfs? Does the pdf work independently of the notes file? Another question: how might the ability to export notes be helpful? I don’t want to miss out on utilizing all the app’s capabilities, and look forward to your response. Thanks
Works, but there are issues.
It's better then the rest of the highlighting apps out there for Safari, but this has some issues. Lately, the highlighting will at times oddly split a line and the post-it feature is cool but the note will disappear if you scoll a page at times (I have been reloading the page to have it reappear).
Again, better then most but can use some updating to make it so much better. More quick keys (i.e., hightlight color cycling, post-it note and even post-it note color cycling, etc.), the ability to boldface/italic copy on the post-its, and finally the ability to print a page with all highlights and notes in the places you put them (...even if the entire page is rasterized to an image in order to do it).
Much appreciated and thank you!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Denk Alexandru
- 4.2 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Denk Alexandru
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.