Help your preschooler learn about friendship, explore the world around them, and develop compassion, kindness and independence with Highlights Monster Day. From Highlights for Children, the brand parents trust, and Italian creative studio Colto.
Choose your favorite monster friend and care for him during his daily routine: brush his big yellow teeth, feed him bagels, give him a bubble bath and gently put him to sleep. In between, go on all kinds of fun adventures where you and your monster can explore and learn together!
Kids will benefit from:
* Meaningful lessons about the routines of everyday life
* Confidence in making decisions as they care for their monster
* Creativity and curiosity as they explore everyday activities
* Development of fine motor skills
* Emotional growth in compassion and kindness
* Security of an ad-free environment
* CARU COPPA Safe Harbor certification
* 5 Friendly monsters to choose from, with an opportunity to unlock more
* 3 Adorable adventure packs, including:
- FREE! A Day at School – Perform science experiments, play basketball and eat a healthy lunch.
- NEW! A Day at the Farm – Learn about fruit, take care of animals and catch fireflies.
- NEW! A Day at the Museum – Uncover dinosaur bones, create artistic masterpieces and stargaze in the planetarium.
* All adventure packs include activities from morning and evening routines, plus 4+ additional daytime activities!
* Photo feature in every scene
* A secure, ad-free experience (CARU COPPA Safe Harbor Certified)
Highlights Monster Day is the ideal first app for kids 3+, and easy for kids to play on their own.
PROMOTES CARING VALUES
This game is based on the positive values of kindness, compassion and friendship, and inspires kids to think about others. In the game, the player makes friends with a monster and cares for him during his daily routine and other fun adventures.
PROVIDES MEANINGFUL LEARNING
The game portrays monsters in the context of a child's everyday routine, so lessons such as regularly brushing teeth, going to school and taking field trips are relevant.
DEVELOPS FINE MOTOR SKILLS
In the game, children tap, swipe, complete circle rotations, drag and drop, and pump levers. Some activities require quick reflexes on these actions. These activities and finger motions are a great way for preschoolers to practice fine motor skills.
Young children can have fun discovering 24 different scenes in the daily life of 5 different monsters, including ringing an alarm clock in the morning, eating exotic fruit for breakfast, investigating semi-precious stones in geology at school, making apple pie together at the farm and building a rocket at the museum.
Highlights for Children
For over 70 years, Highlights for Children has been helping kids become their best selves through Fun with a Purpose™ magazines, puzzle clubs, games, books, toys and digital products.
Founded by Dr. Garry and Caroline Myers in 1946, Highlights was built on the belief that “Children Are the World’s Most Important People™”. Today, every Highlights product is designed to help children become Curious, Creative, Caring and Confident.™
Colto is creating imaginative and educational mobile play experiences for kids around the world based on original and branded properties. Our team, made up of a Mum/Teacher and talented game designers and developers, strives to develop high quality educational Apps that kids love and parents trust. Our games are ethical, safe and designed to be non-addictive for kids.
Required iOS 8.1 onwards
Even monsters need a little cleanup every now and then! Update now for the best and brightest version. And don’t forget to leave us a review!
Ratings and Reviews
Despite device troubleshooting, removing & reinstalling the app there is no more sound.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you for the review. As we work to address this issue, we have found that allowing notifications for this app on your device enables the sound. Thanks!
Amazing game I recommend it!
This game is the best when I want to calm myself or have alone time. I really recommend it for toddlers and 4567 year olds. I really hope you get it.
Cute game, don’t pay for the additional locations!
This game is fun and somewhat educational for my daughter who had a blast playing the “free version”. So I purchased the Museum and Farm locations for $3.99. Wish I hadn’t! The new locations were exactly the same as the free version, but had many glitches in moving objects and NOTHING new except buzzing a sheep’s hair off it’s head. Awful, lame, absolute crap. Refund please.
Developer Response ,
Hi, we're sorry to hear that. We work hard to provide the best content for growing minds. To address the glitching, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the app and possibly powering down and powering up your device. If you are still experiencing technical difficulties please email us at email@example.com. Thank you.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Highlights for Children, Inc.
- 62.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © Highlights for Children, Inc. All rights reserved 2021
- In-App Purchases
- Museum and Farm $3.99