Hindenburg Field Recorder is made with radio production in mind. It will work equally well for anyone conducting interviews for podcasts or research.
It’s all about the story.....
Create your interview in three simple steps:
Step 1: Record interview and set markers at points of interest
Step 2: Edit recording with cut, copy, paste and more...
Step 3: Share your interview with attached picture and location
Simply begin recording whenever a story occurs.
Set markers at points of interest in the interview. Markers make it easier to navigate large interviews. Finding those good soundbites can otherwise be a tedious job.
Add additional recordings to your session. This could be speaks or background sounds and more.
Hindenburg Field Recorder has all the editing features needed for creating a radio interview.
The interface is kept simple and uncluttered. But there is more to it than meets the eye.
* Non-destructive editing with full undo/redo.
* Cut, copy, paste, insert, break, clear, move, trim and change volume of regions
* Adjust playback position with audible scrub
* Rehearse edit or play selection
* Add fade in and fade out or create cross-fades between regions
* Create, delete and rename markers, jump between markers
* Copy and paste audio between sessions
* Add jingles or sound bites from the favorites clipboard.
* Use the built in compressor/limiter to increase overall volume.
To find out more check the support URL where you will find a download link to the the PDF guide.
There are five ways of getting your interviews out of the device.
1. Send to your computer (With Hindenburg Journalist)
2. Send as e-mail
3. Upload to FTP server
4. Share on SoundCloud
5. Share to iTunes
6. Use "Open in..." to share to other apps
Records audio as 16 or 24-bit / 44.1 or 48kHz PCM.
Stereo recording supported with suitable accessories.
Option to monitor with headphones while recording.
Share audio as WAV, AAC, MP2 or ALAC with adjustable compression parameters.
Hindenburg Radio Tools are developed and tested in a collaborations with radio professionals.
* Fixed cases where external microphone did not work
* Fixed session list out of order
* Fixed display when more than 100 markers
* Made it possible to pause recording when using voice over
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is an ideal field recorder
This is an ideal field recorder. Foolproof recording, and surprisingly robust editing functionality. Direct integration with the desktop app make this a no-brainer.
I wish all apps had this great functional design and power.
No integration with Journalist
One of the reasons I got this was that it is supposed to work with Journalist Pro. There is not an easy and straightforward means to import directly into Journalist. The import an iOS feature in Journalist does not even work.
Really want to like this...
On my iPhone 6S plus with IOS 11, the gain slider is almost invisible!! And doesn’t appear to do anything.
Gain control is THE reason to use this app, along with the excellent metering.
Where are the undo/redo controls?
Editing is just weird.
Would love if I could get some support...
Developer Response ,
There is loads of support available at hindenburg.com/support - please feel free to hit us up there. We are always happy to help.
Regarding the slider, due to a change in iOS 11, that only works with an external mic now unfortunately - this is not something that we can fix as it is related to a recent limitation on access to the built-in AGC on internal mics.
We have great video tutorials on how to edit at hindenburg.com/support/tutorials.
Hope that helps?
- Hindenburg Systems ApS
- 3.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Hindenburg Systems ApS.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.