REMEMBER THOSE SPECIAL DAYS
• Customize your reminders, down to the day, time, and frequency.
• Sync hip with contacts and calendar for maximum coverage
• Get reminders on your phone and Apple Watch
• Celebrate everything from birthdays to anniversaries, weddings, graduations, and new jobs
• You can even add your own hip days!
MAKE IT STANDOUT
• hip Finds offers stylish gift ideas that balance form and function (US only)
• Choose from over 100 unique birthday and greetings cards
• Send personalized wishes with GIFs, text, or calls right from hip
• Add notes to each special day for easy reference
• Schedule your greetings ahead, hip will remind you to send them on time
CROWDS AND PRIVACY FEATURES
• Arrange your contacts into groups and tailor settings for each
• Keep track of your list with backup and restore options
• More ways to manage your contacts with import & export file
• Share your list of people & events with family & friends
• Designed to give you transparency, reliability and full control over your data.
GET hip PLUS!
• Unlimited reminders, an ad-free experience, and tons more to love
• Don’t let us limit the days you celebrate. Add any days that are special to you
• Change your app theme, import and export files, and access over 100 birthday cards
• Billed monthly, every 6 months or annually at the rate selected depending on the subscription plan. In some locations and from time to time, we may also offer one-time purchase options which are not subscriptions
• Subscriptions auto-renew at the cost of the chosen package, unless canceled 24-hours in advance prior to the end of the current period.
• The fee will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• You may manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase. Per Apple policy, no cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Once purchased, refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchases a subscription.
+ Full support for iOS 15
Ratings and Reviews
This is my first review ever, but I wanted to write it to congratulate the Hip team for their accomplishment. I always had trouble keeping track of important birthdays, and would periodically go through the awkwardness of forgetting to wish someone in my circle a happy one. Hip has enabled me to offload the cognitive task of remembering birthdays and track them from a single source of truth, with a beautiful UI.
As a suggestion, the gift idea feature can be better tailored for people. Maybe you can prompt users to add some keywords that represent the interests of the birthday person, and show results and similar products based on suggestions. For example, if I input ‘yoga’, I wanted to see mats and rollers, but also related items like aromatherapy vials, wellness gift cards (experiences!), books by Ram Dass, and ayurveda teas.
Thanks again for a wonderful app!
Day Stars was a much better app, which the developers abandoned to start this one. It is not supported anymore and you can’t find it on App Store. Hip cuts off the top portion of the thumbnail in the card, in most of the cases it’s the persons head. The birthday card wording is weird, this one says “celebrates 16 years” instead of “turned 16 today” in Day Stars. There is a big white stamp in the bottom in hip, instead of a watermark of Day Stars. I still use my Day Star app even its still has some bugs, like you can’t save the birthday reminder card. While improvement is always welcomed but it should be in the right direction.
Developer Response ,
Hello and thanks for the feedback! B'days does support a variety of notification sounds for the birthday reminders. See the option in the Profile screen. As for other type of events, you might enjoy our other app more: www.daystars.com
Third review: Raising back to 4 stars as the developers FINALLY listened to the negative feedback regarding the icon and name change and allowed users to chose the app icon they wished. Now if they allowed the cake icon to be labeled B-Days as it was before the upgrade to “hip” it would get 5 stars from me. I still fail to see what they hoped to gain by their initial action and obstinate refusal to listen to the criticism of their users. Still the best B-Day app with unique gift suggestions.
Second review: Lowering my rating another star as the developer doesn’t seem to lister to users. Click on “Most recent” reviews and the majority complain about the icon/name change. I think it’s time for a change. There is Birthday Reminder Pro+ on the App Store. Less money and a higher rating...and the icon has balloons and the word “Birthdays” on it.
First review: The app icon of a B-Day cake and candle made sense....the icon of a winking hippopotamus with “hip.” under it does not. And the need to call oneself hip displays a lack of hipness. I’m dropping a star because of the icon change. That said...
It is the best birthday app I’ve used or seen. And the gift suggestions the app offers are very “hip.” It removes the step of using a search engine for “unique and useful gifts with a range of prices.”
Change the app icon and keep up the good work.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for sharing. We love hearing feedback from you. We think of hip as representing how we want to help people celebrate. To keep you connected and original, making life’s many occasions, not only birthdays and anniversaries, special!
As we grow, we want to capture this essence, and hip allows us to do that. You can read more here https://medium.com/@hipapp/hipping-hopping-to-a-new-us-f8a78ddd5173.
- the hip team.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Celebrate Labs Inc.
- 132.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © Celebrate Labs, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- hip PLUS! $14.99
- hip PLUS! $29.99
- hip PLUS! $2.99
- hip PLUS! $4.99
- hip PLUS! $12.99
- B'day Pro Subscription $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.