Stream your favorite HISTORY TV shows including The Curse of Oak Island, Ancient Aliens, Forged in Fire, American Pickers & more. Watch full episodes on your favorite iOS device.
Watch all your favorite HISTORY series such as:
• American Pickers
• Ancient Aliens
• Forged in Fire
• Mountain Men
• Pawn Stars
• Project Blue Book
• Swamp People
• The Curse of Oak Island
• The UnXplained
.... plus many more!
NEW! Live streaming on the app. Yes, that’s right, you can now stream HISTORY straight from your iOS device.
• Stream your favorite HISTORY TV shows - for FREE!*
• Discover incredible stories from the past and present with our ground-breaking series
• Create a HISTORY profile to continue watching episodes where you left off on any device
Download the HISTORY app now to watch the latest episodes, whenever you want.
For even more HISTORY commercial free - download HISTORY Vault. Stream thousands of documentaries and series from 25 years of HISTORY Channel for $4.99/month or $49.99/year. Start your 7-day free trial now.
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which contributes to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see https://priv-policy.imrworldwide.com/priv/mobile/us/en/optout.html for more information
Please note that HISTORY content is only available to stream in the United States.
Bug fixes and performance updates.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Way too many commercials
Love the History channel, hate commercials taking up so much time! Vikings is my fave, can’t get enough, but you see 2 maybe 3 scenes and then boom! you’re bombarded with umpteen commercials! Give us a break! More show, less commercials. It would also be nice to see more historical period pieces like Vikings, as there are many of us who love love love ancient history. Not a big fan of the re-enactment shows though.
The History app is great, but there is a lot of black screen and once again, those horrid commercials! When something is first run on TV, advertisers are getting their commercials on at that time. Why do we have to endure the same thing online? There should not be commercials on any shows that are viewed online. It’s advertiser greed.
Love the Past
I can only say that when we studied things like the “Roaring 20’s,The Depression,The Boston Tea Party,The Roman Empire, right on back to when the Dinosaurs roamed the Earth” and we as children could not escape from the exciting things we were being taught, only a lot of the ways we were taught was matter of factly very boring. I really liked it when there was a film, even fact filled documentaries were great. As valuable as a books knowledge can be, they’ll never be as interesting as someone else doing the reading and telling about it.
Ever since I can remember and before is how far back my true desire to be next to GOD goes. Now with that being said, Please History Channel Accept My Full Hearted Thankfulness!!!! You Make History Fun!!
I Sincerely hope that you continue to be a large part of the knowledge that we seek the most.
Knowledge of Ourselves!!!!
Great content, annoying app
This review is for the tvOS app. No complaints about the shows on History Channel. In the tvOS app they look and sound fine. But the UX in the app is rough and riddled with bugs.
1. Constantly repeats the same show segments after an ad. I suspect this is triggered by the ad insertion system as it only seems to happen after fast forwarding through a show segment (which typically triggers a commercial). This happens a LOT!
2. So many commercials. It is almost unbearable to see the same commercial this many times. Forcing viewers to sit through the same commercial 15 times during an episode is bad business. Binge watching? I hope you’re ok watching a commercial a hundred times or more.
3. Mediocre navigating. I have to work harder than I’d expect to find what I want to watch in this app.
4. I have to log in / activate every other time I launch the tvOS app. Super annoying and time consuming. Multiple AppleTV’s have the same issue.
5. TvOS app doesn’t always remember what episodes I’ve watched so I’m constantly guessing which episode was last viewed. Add to this the issues above with fast forwarding and I’ve spent longer trying to get to the last 5 minutes of an episode than the length of the episode itself.
I’m still using the app to binge some of my favorite shows but the bugs and UX issues make it a lot more difficult than it should be.
Developer Response ,
Hello - thank you for leaving this detailed review. We'd love to make things better for you. If you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org we will help resolve these issues asap.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- A&E Television Networks Mobile
- 43 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2020: A+E Television Networks, LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.