High-intensity training (HIT) is well-recognized as one of the most effective methods of strength training. HIT Log Pro assists your training by logging the weight used in each exercise and measuring the time under load (also known as time to failure) to track your progress. Each workout is recorded by date, and progress for each exercise is shown graphically. Previous workouts can be entered manually to complete your record, and all data is backed up to the cloud.
Updated for iOS 12.1
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Finally!!! This app was much needed!!!
Finally there is a HIT app for bodybuilders and weight lifters! No ready, set, 5,4,3,2,1 go crap.
This was exactly what I was looking for!
I couldn't give it five stars however bc there are some areas that need to be improved on in the next update:
1) the user should have the option of using reps or seconds or both.
2) I don't know of anyone who does their HIT exercises in alphabetical order. The app should be able to put his routines in any order he wants kind of like the iPod app does.
3) I think it would be cool if the second tab had a calendar view as well as a list view.
4) no consideration was given to weight or measurements. I've got an app that does that but it would be tight to have a single app that does it all. That should definitely be fixed.
5) I LOVE the chart! But there's not enough information on it. X and Y axis usually have words and numbers that tell the user what they are looking at. Also the chart should have a function that measures the output of each overall workout rather than just per exercise... This way the user would be able to chart progress from each exercise as well as each workout day.
Overall I great app and I'm glad someone finally made it. I hope the creators take these friendly recommendations to heart and make an upgrade.
Great app for TUL/HIT lifters
If you think this app is "just a timer" - then you haven't worked out using time under load principles. Granted, this app lacks the polish of things like "Fit Buddy", but nothing else can log this kind of workout method. The workout history with TUL and average rest time calculations are very valuable. Could you do the same thing with a stop watch, note pad and pencil? Probably. But I could also have found a sheet of paper, hand written this review, and mailed it to Cupertino. One is just more efficient than the other.
Things I would like to see (really hoping the dev sticks with this app):
1) Some kind of audio feedback when I touch "stop" so I know I've stopped the timer without looking.
2) Once I've touched "stop" - don't allow a new timer to be started unless I go back to the main Session screen first. When I'm at complete muscular failure at the end of a set and I slap at the phone to stop the timer, sometimes I accidentally hit the screen button twice, which starts a new timer and loses the time from my actual set.
3) Some kind of button on the Session screen to let me save the session and clear the data. Perhaps it's an anal request, but I really want to be able to push a button to say "I am done with this workout".
4) This is a long shot, but I'd like an option to have audible feedback during the set (i.e. a voice that tells me "30 seconds completed").
All in all - kudos to the developer as this is a very niche app and likely a very small market. I doubt you'll ever earn enough revenue on this app to even come close to the amount of time you'll put into it. But - thanks for making the effort.
App is buggy
I was hoping to use the app to track my work in the Body by Science protocol, but I have found the app too buggy to use, and am switching to pen and paper. Specifically, when I go back to check a previous workout, only 4 of the 5 exercises were showing up, there was no way to go in an edit a workout (in case something was mis-entered), and it was unclear how the data was being stored and analyzed.
- Kelly Technology Inc.
- 16.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Kelly Technology Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.