Share content and connect to people you love on Hive.
- Express yourself with our customizable Music Section
- Full app color themes and zodiac signs
- Explore trending and new content on our Discover page with tons of communities
- New Asks feature where you can get to know creators better
- Repost, share, and reply to posts or upload Gifs with our Gif feature
- Easily grow your account with an algorithm that boosts your organic reach
We make it easy for you to discover content you enjoy, whether it's photos, videos, or statuses. Our music feature allows you to express yourself, our Asks feature makes it even more fun to interact with other users, and with our chronological home feed, you'll never miss a post from your family and friends either.
Explore your favorite content on Hive.
Have feedback for us?
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org where our support team will assist you as soon as possible.
Users can select music to feature on their profile
Users can connect their Apple Music account to play profile music
Fix text overflow issue when the like or comment count is too high
Fix bug where replying to a comment causes it to temporarily get duplicated in the UI
Ratings and Reviews
A good start, but still needs some work
I like the overall feel and the IG/twitter hybrid style of posting, and profile songs are killer (hello myspace!), but there’s still some work to be done on the back end before it’s “everyday useable” for social networking.
Example: when setting up the account it prompts what topics interest me (I think I chose things like music, sports, tech, gaming, etc.) but if I click on the discover tab, I’m getting posts of half naked bros and OnlyFans thirst traps showing up on NEW and TRENDING sections.
I think this is due to the flock of THOSE accounts who are like “ooo a new place to post my epic crotch shot for money!” is skewing the content right now, BUT I think if there was some
sort of—I don’t know, dare I say algorithm—to filter out some of the junk (no pun intended) i’d have an easier time posting my own content and recommending it to others.
ALSO… I think there should be a “Discover Accounts” section. So, for example, if a tech reviewer, or game developer, or athlete joins, it would be nice to see that the account is on Hive so I could follow it. Obviously this would change based on the individual’s choices when setting up the account, but that would be very helpful instead of the seemingly random pictures that are spewed up on the discover page.
Simply put, this platform is very impressive. I recently quit Twitter and have been going through the alternatives to see what I find the most intriguing and unique. Initially, I tried Mastodon but it took over a week to receive a verification email and by that point, I had lost the little interest I had in their server-focused platform. As for Hive, however, my verification went straight to my email (spam folder) and I was able to instantly access the platform. So far, I really love what it has to offer, especially with the music option. As a musician myself, I will find that very useful and I’m sure many others would as well. I also like that can you can clearly display your pronouns and your zodiac sign to express yourself beyond what you could’ve on Twitter. I’ve heard this app is developed by 2 people, and if that is still true, that is beyond impressive. I’ve experienced a few glitches but nothing too crazy, with exception of one. About 20 minutes ago, whenever I was trying to type a comment on a post in my search feed, my screen violently flashes black and white for seemingly no reason until I quickly submitted my comment. It was very jarring and quite frustrating but I’m able to look past that. Overall, I’d consider this to be a great platform worth checking out, especially if you’re familiar with navigating Twitter.
Platform has great potential but there are urgent issues.
This platform seems to work fine; I haven’t had enough time to crash it, but it hasn’t crashed yet. Good job so far!
There are 2 immediate, urgent issues that the developers need to address, mostly for themselves, but also for users.
1) You need a DMCA Agent, and that information needs to be visible and established. It’s how a service protects itself from being liable for copyright and other violations. You should be able to get this established quickly just by searching for a DMCA Agent service. This needs to be visible and easily accessible from the web, not only from inside the app.
2) your password system refuses to accept dashes (-) as valid characters. The Apple password generation system uses several 5 character blocks separated by dashes, so your system refuses to use the password system of the platform for which it was developed.
There are also some intermediate issues that will become an annoyance. Backspace is one character at a time — a long press does not remove several characters. Same with selecting text to copy or delete. That might be a bug.
I would have sent this to you privately, but there is no contact information, and you are not accepting bug reports. These are both problems you need to address.
I want this platform to succeed; these are new company issues that can be managed well and expeditiously, but they do need to be addressed.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hive Social, Inc.
- 110.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2023, Hive Social Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 2nd Profile Playlist Slot $0.99
- 3rd Profile Playlist Slot $1.99
- 4th Profile Playlist Slot $1.99