Hiya shows you the true caller ID for unsaved contacts so you can screen unwanted calls. Whether it’s a friend, a trusted business, or a spoofed call from a scammer, Hiya provides the context needed to make phone calls useful again.
• World’s most advanced phone spam protection engine. Identifies and blocks robocalls, telemarketers, debt collectors and fraud calls like neighbor spoofed call scam.
• Call Blocker: Automatically block scam and fraud calls. Stop the “neighbor spoofing” calls from numbers that look similar to yours. These are likely scam calls. Upgrade to Premium for the most advanced call protection.
• Caller ID: Turn an unknown caller into a name. Whether it’s a call from a business, friend or potential spammer, our global database of caller names gives you real-time context on who’s calling.
• Security: Automatic alerts warn you if an incoming call is spam, scam, telemarketer, debt collector, or spyware. You can also take action against the spammers by reporting them to the Hiya community.
• Reverse phone lookup / Reverse phone search: Lookup the phone number of a call from an unsaved contact to find out the true caller name and whether it is likely a robocaller.
• Better Contacts: Add names and addresses from Hiya to your phone book contacts to keep them accurate, complete, and current.
• Broad Support: Dedicated customer service. Designed for iOS. Free spam ID and business name ID worldwide. Premium caller ID and spam blocking works on AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint.
AS SEEN IN
The Wall Street Journal
TIME Magazine - "Top 10 App"
CBS Evening News
VentureBeat - "Future of smartphone calling"
Huffington Post - "Caller ID on steroids"
Cult of Mac - "Essential"
The Hiya iOS app is brought to you by Hiya Inc. Utilizing the power of the Hiya database that has hundreds of millions of phone numbers, you’ll know the true caller behind more calls. Hiya is committed to delivering best in class caller ID, call blocking, spam protection.
Terms of Service: https://www.hiya.com/terms-of-service
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app and thanks to its features I am not getting so many spam, and annoying calls. Even being on the Governments DoNot Call List does not stop these Telemarkerter’s and scammers as they change numbers so frequently. This app with a huge community reporting these behaviors at least gives a person a heads up before answering their phone. Now they have added a feature which you can buy if you have the need too that identifies the caller ID. Just not having my phone ring 20 times a day with these nonsense callers is finally giving me some peace. Scammers/crooks are always trying to find ways around these apps. and are changing their numbers frequently. They use computers and all kinds of methods to try to scam and steal from innocent hard working people. This app does help to protect people from that but always beware not to give out personal information nor send money to anyone you don’t know. I tell them I buy nothing over the phone and to submit their information using the US Mail. In the two years I have had this app nothing ever came through the US mail. Too dangerous nowadays to even bother with these people. This app will actually help you to actually block and report them to your social community which in turns helps others. I highly recommend this app to every age group especially Seniors.
Hiya on my local news and a time saver besides
I found the app after a local news radio guy raved about how great it is. And he did it during a conversation with someone on the air spontaneously. That is how I know it was not a commercial. He commented after words that he shouldn’t have said it because he can get in trouble for that. He apologized and said that he was not doing a commercial and was not a paid spokesman for the company just a customer.
It really seems to work great. I run a small business here in a major American city and because of that my number is published in many locations. That means if I wanna keep getting customers I can’t change my number but I get constant telemarketers and scammers every day. They really try to take advantage of businesses because of the fact that they know that we cannot change or disconnect our numbers without going out of business. Sometimes I found that I was wasting 10 to 20 minutes per day on answering calls that were a total waste of time. That means over the course of the year I will save dozens of hours of my time and be able to really make more money talking to my customers, hiya is well worth it.
Great app, but Family Subscriptions don’t work
The app is undoubtedly the best of this type. It was free for several years and I loved it. When it began to charge $3/mo or $15/year, I did not hesitate to go for the latter. The problem came when on my wife’s phone, having Family Membership, I downloaded Hiya and upgraded to Premium. The usual message from the App Store is “A Family Member already purchased this, so you can obtain it for free.” With Hiya, however, my wife’s phone was billed to my account. I chatted with the iTunes Store and they cancelled the charge, but told me I needed to contact the developer to have my wife’s phone also have Hiya Premium. However, there is no way of doing that. “App Support”, both here on the App Store and on the website, consists of FAQ’s and blogs, with no way of telling your story outside of a review such as this one. Hope it helps. UPDATE on July 2019: after several years the above has not been fixed. NEW PROBLEM: on March 8, 2019, I changed my number TT&T has a policy of letting a number rest 90 days before re-assigning it. Hiya and several others report my new number as belonging to one Kenny Sanchez. Only the “Lookup” app has been correct from a few days after I changed my number. Today is July 27, nearly five months and Hiya continues to say my number belongs to a person who quit the number eight months ago! WOEFULLY OUT OF DATE!! I quit my subscription and will get “Lookup”.
- Hiya Inc
- 108.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2019 Hiya, Inc. All rights reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Hiya Premium - Yearly $24.99
- Hiya Premium - Monthly $3.99
- Hiya Premium Lookup $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.