The Transport Department (TD) launched a new version of the "HKeMobility" mobile application.
It provides a one-stop platform for the public to conveniently search for information including routes of different transportation modes, journey time, transport fares, etc. and disseminates real-time traffic news to enhance user experience and facilitate public’s mobility. (including walking, driving, taking public transport, etc.).
The key features of “HKeMobility” includes: -
1. More real-time traffic and public transport information (including speed map, paring vacancy and real-time arrival information);
2. Personalised traffic and transport information (including self-setting short cuts, bookmarking for frequently visit public transport stops, car parks, etc.);
3. Walking route search information covers all 18 districts in Hong Kong. The search function also offers barrier-free route options;
4. Provide elderly mode, to facilitate elderly obtaining traffic and transport information.
Enhanced UI with new features from v6.0. User device location is preset as origin so as to search for travelling route efficiently.
- Introduced new shortcut on map location of traffic sign of Red Light and Speed Enforcement Camera
- Introduced new shortcut to bookmarked point to point route search
- Show arrival time at MTR and Light Rail station in Nearby Route page
- fixed known minor issue
Ratings and Reviews
Data good, performance poor
Data is the best. Google maps doesn’t show nearly as many options. But interface is VERY laggy, app is slow, needs other apps for some basic information (bus arrival time), and it doesn’t show your current location in the route overview screen (ie how do I get to the bus stop?). Should also order best routes to take NOW, not which is shortest assuming you catch the bus with perfect timing.
When I click the first stop,the map will appear the right place, but when I click the second stop, the map show the wrong place......
Worst app experience ever
Good idea to have the HK shows where cycling tracks are located and how they are linked. The app is just too buggy to be productive. The map navigation automatically jumped off to China or South China Sea as I moved my fingers across New Territories. Much improvement need in order to be considered acceptable.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Transport Department of the Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- 49.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Transport Department, HKSAR Government
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.