Offline bookmarks, expandable & rich discussion threads, customisable reader, automatic themes, ... Everything you need for the best browsing experience possible.
• Save the posts you want to read later, even for offline reading
• Keep track of all the posts you read and manage your favorite posts as you would on the website.
Expandable, rich discussion threads
• Elegant & ergonomic comment section
• Tap on the header/footer of a comment to show its replies.
• Activate the reader and take control over the font-size, font-style and theme of each article.
Light & Dark themes
• Switch between the two themes whenever you want or let the app choose according to the time or to the brightness of your screen.
• Your credentials are exclusively used to log you in to Hackernews and are not shared with any third-party.
• The app uses an open source library to interact with the website: HNScraper (https://github.com/tsucres/HNScraper)
• Signing in is only necessary if you want to interact with the community.
More info: http://www.hnbuddy.io
Bug fixes & more confident components!
• The shy navigation bar is not shy anymore (i.e. does not stay hidden when exiting an article)
• The shy news posts at startup aren't shy anymore either (i.e. they load automatically)
• The shy upvote buttons in the comments are less shy now (i.e. more accessible)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The app is quite fast even on my iPhone 6s.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.