Hockey Lights uses Philips Hue Lights to create an immersive experience when your favorite team scores, just like it would be if you were at the game.
NOTE: This app no longer requires having a Philips Hue bridge and entertainment lighting to use. If there is no bridge the horns will still be available using the my teams play button or the Apple Watch. Live goal scoring updates will trigger the lights and/or Horn depending on your setup. If you are connected to a bridge and the lights are not working make sure you have an Entertainment selection set in the Hockey Goal Smart Lights settings. If you don't have Hue Lights go out and get them, it really makes you feel like you're at the game.
- Choose from all NHL teams
- Each team has its own goal horn / song and light show.
- Live scoring updates where horn and lights will trigger automatically when one of your favorite teams scores. Note: Goal triggers will occur between 20-30 seconds after a goal is scored. If you are watching the game live, pausing the game for 20-30 seconds will give you a more real-time goal effect. App must be running in the background for goals to trigger.
- Team colors will be shown after the horn completes with the option to set your own hue scene.
- Great for goal notifications for other teams you follow.
- Trigger the lights and horn in the app, or the on the Apple Watch.
- Turn off lights and / or sound by team.
- You can send the goal horn throughout the house with Airplay 2 and bluetooth
- Apple Watch app - Now you can trigger a team goal right from the watch.
- Rich Notifications - When team scores a goal that exists in myTeams a notification will be sent with the team that scored, the goal scorer, assists by, current score, and current period.
- Apple Watch notifications support.
- Add the ability to connect to hue bridge with ip address.
Ratings and Reviews
Decent, Only One of it’s Kind
So let’s start out by saying it works as the developer has described. There is a delay but that is because the NHL does not update the scores online immediately like most other major sports. I am a Capitals fan, have been for years. The goal horn is spot on but the light show leaves some to be desired. I have 7 different lights setup in my entertainment area and really wish they would all blink independent of each other in a circular motion to replicate an actual goal light rotator. And the lights simply just flash red for the capitals, with 1 measly light being white but it’s behind the couch, even indicated as so in the entertainment area. I would change to 5 stars if I was able to change which lights flashed which colors after the goal light show is finished.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the review and request, I will look into having different light effects to choose from. What you can do is move the lights around in your entertainment setup to pick and choose which lights flash red and which are white. The white goes in and out with the horn sound. The lights in the front half of the entertainment area setup flashes red and the lights in the back half are white. So you can move the lights in that space however you want, they don’t have to be in the exact position of the entertainment area. So you can alternate lights front and back to get a different effect. The goal effect is reds and white the after goal effect is your team colors. You can select whatever scene you wish to present after the light show is over from the settings screen in the app.
I wanted to wait a week before writing my review. I currently have a Hue Light Strip and Hue Play connected as my “hockey goal” entertainment area within the hue app (in the process of adding more lights). As the developer mentioned depending on how your watching the game their is a delay. I stream my games so I found around 25 seconds to be perfect in most situations. Overall the app works perfect, goal notification hits my phone and the living room is flashing red. I have express the need to maybe chance some of the after the goal display colors as the white for the hurricanes is a tad bright when watching a game in the dark. Besides that the app works perfect.
Love the ability to light up my room.
Was searching for a long time for something like this for hockey. The lights flash red behind the television and play the goal song for each team. There is the in app purchase for it to go off live, I have not tried this out yet, but I hear there is a delay depending on the update from the Internet. I would recommend this for any hockey fan to control themselves when I goalie scored. Only wish I had this for the NFL, NBA, MLB, or The ability to set this up with my own colors. Thank you to the creator of this app, looking forward to more!
- Joe Rivelli
- 65.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Joe Rivelli
- In-App Purchases
- Horn and Lights $1.99
- Horn Only $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.