Hokie Dining gives you an easy way to check a week's worth of menus and nutritional information for Virginia Tech Dining Services' dining centers from your mobile device.
- Daily Menus for Virginia Tech Dining Centers
- Hours of Operation
- Allergen Filter
- Find your favorite menu item
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Added the ability to filter foods by ingredients.
Ratings and Reviews
Not really an app
It’s just the Virginia Tech website on the dining page. You get the same experience by bookmarking the dining page on your browser, and it might be easier to use and more functional online.
This app used to be really useful, but...
I used this app almost every day to check the hours and specials for the dining locations on campus, and it was really useful. However, since I started using it, a lot has changed for the worse.
1. All of the dining hall hours used to be organized in one place on the main menu, but now they have been stored away into the pages for each location, so you need to tap on the dining hall then scroll down to the hours section. This is just a little more inconvenient, and it wouldn't be too big of a deal if it wasn't for a loss of functionality as I mention in the second point below.
2. Several dining halls have multiple smaller food places inside which often have their own hours separate from the building they are housed in. The old version of this app addressed this excellently and listed specific hours for every food place (i.e. differentiating hours for Origami Grill at Turner Place from the hours for Qdoba at Turner Place, etc.) but now this newer version of the app only lists the general, unspecific hours for each dining hall (i.e. only listing the general time Turner Place has its doors open). This functionality still exists online, so until it's added back into the app I'm most definitely going to just check hours online, which is a shame for how much more cumbersome it is to do compared to the old version of this app.
3. The side menu does not work for me, only displaying a blank white panel with nothing on it whenever I tap on it. I don't know what is supposed to be there, but I see nothing and I'm almost sure that's not normal!
4. It's still not optimized for iPhone X (so there's big black boxes on the top and bottom of the screen) which really isn't a huge deal, just something to point out.
There are some things that this app really does get right though, as it is still simple and quick to check daily menu items, daily specials, and nutrition information for each dining location. I still believe this app is the fastest and most convenient way to check those things, so I will probably continue to use it for this purpose alone.
Overall it used to be a fantastic app, but I'm really disappointed that hours information, the one thing I used this app for the most, has moved away from the home screen and lost important functionality of displaying specifics. The two stars that I gave it are for its ability to view menu items and specials, and the three stars that I took off are for the four issues I listed above. I really hope this app regains hours functionality again!
The developer, Virginia Tech, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State Univ
- 5 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2016 Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.