NOTE: DOWNLOAD OF THE APP IS FREE. HOWEVER, A ONE YEAR SUBSCRIPTION IS REQUIRED BEFORE THE APP WILL CALCULATE HOLDOVER AND ALLOWANCE TIMES. THE ONE YEAR SUBSCRIPTION CAN BE PURCHASED IN APP.
Holdover Calculator is a quick and accurate way to verify a holdover time. Manual holdover time calculations that were tedious, time consuming and often error prone, can now be completed with confidence in just a matter of seconds.
The input fields required for computations are presented in a user friendly and logical display. After completing the associated conditions, select “Calculate” to see your holdover time. All associated holdover chart notes are incorporated and prompts for additional required input are presented to the user when necessary.
Holdover Calculator incorporates an “Auto-Populate” feature which retrieves and detects pertinent weather conditions from the METAR for the ICAO airport identifier provided by the user. This makes the process of determining a holdover time even quicker!
• Location based METAR search (data connection required). Calculating your holdover time just got even easier! Holdover Calculator will now search for nearby airports with valid METARs. Can be configured to search automatically or manually. Selecting one of the available airports will populate all of the required weather fields.
Auto-Renewing Annual Subscription Required
• Requires one year subscription to access data and services (purchased in app)
• Subscription is auto-renewing annually
• Annual subscription price is presented prior to purchase
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Your account will be charged the subscription price for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• You can manager your subscription and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No data connection required for computations
• Auto-populate weather conditions from local METAR (data connection required)
• Selectable holdover time up to maximum allowable time permitted by charts
• Selectable holdover start time in the event you did not start the timer upon initial application of anti-ice fluid
• Active timer counts down holdover time
• Audible and visible alerts inform user of expired holdover time
• Notification of holdover time expiration while Holdover Calculator is in background and/or device is asleep
• After holdover time has expired, timer will revert to a five minute Pre-takeoff Contamination Check timer
• The holdover expiration alarm can be customized to one of six possible alarms
• Condition/Fluid conflict notification. When an input condition (precipitation type, OAT, etc) will not produce a holdover time for the fluid & concentration selected, the user is advised of the reason for the conflict.
● 2018-2019 FAA and Transport Canada data
● Here's the deal folks. Bugs are everywhere. We squashed a few little ones with this version. Give us feedback if you experience any.
● Fixed issue where app would occasionally crash when attempting to select a visibility.
● Fixed issue where nearby METAR may not be retrieved
Ratings and Reviews
My main complaint is that the only option is to have an automatic renewal. I have been inconvenienced several times trying to get refunds for things I no longer want. Apple should require the option of turning down automatic renewals!!!
Awesome application, makes computing holdover times a breeze.
App is simple to use, very straightforward. I tested its accuracy against the 2014 published numbers. They seemed jive almost perfectly. The only issue to mention is I can't renew this year. I can't get past the 1st instruction "click to renew." Otherwise great app.
- Kilo Lima Management, LLC
- 143.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Kilo Lima Management, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Subscription $7.99
- Holdover Data $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.