Play Christmas songs on the handbells with Holiday Bells! Now for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch!
How to play:
Jingle Bells: shake the phone to ring the bells. Fun for kids!
Handbell: swing to ring. Tap on the clef to change pitch.
Handbell Set: 15 handbells. Tap on the bells to play your favorite holiday songs!
Songs: 20 tap-along Christmas songs, with favorites like "Jingle Bells", "Away in a Manger", "Joy to the World", and more. Scroll the songs list to see them all. Select a song from the list, then follow the snowflakes to play it on the bells! Very easy to play - no music experience required!
Stickers: includes a holiday sticker pack for iMessage, with bells, stars, animated music notes, a music sheet and songbook, an animated candle with flickering flame, a Christmas wreath, birds (cedar waxwing, cardinal, and peace dove), and a red poinsettia. All of the stickers are original hand-drawn artwork by artist and app developer Kira Matrejek.
Holiday Bells uses the beautiful sound of real handbells!
Now with Auto-Play: the app can now play the songs for you! Also: a new song (Pat-A-Pan), and a new holiday sticker pack for your iMessages!
Also new this year:
* Auto-Play! Choose a song, then either follow the snowflakes to tap along, or press the Auto-Play button to have the app play it for you!
* Beautiful new bell sounds! These were professionally recorded with the Gloria Dei Lutheran Church Celebration Ringers' handbell set. These new bells sound sweeter, mellower, and more in tune. Many thanks to Keith Chuvala at Gloria Dei for ringing and recording the new bells!
* New song: Pat-A-Pan! This French Christmas Carol was originally written for flute and drums, but it sounds great on the bells!
* New holiday sticker pack for your messages app! (Activate it in the "Manage" tab in the iMessage App Store.)
* Updated for iOS10 and all screen sizes.
* Bugs fixed in 3.1:
• The iPhone/iPad now stays awake while you're auto-playing songs.
• Fixed a bug with snowflakes not getting cleared.
• Corrected the layout of musical notes on the scale in the iPhone handbell view.
• Fixed the auto-play timing on Jingle Bells.
Holiday bells is also available for the new Apple TV! Look for it in the App Store on your Apple TV.
-- Kira Matrejek, app developer
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A Ringing Endorsement!
This app does exactly what I'd hoped, letting me play cool-sounding bells to make my own music or accompanying the included classical holiday tunes. I appreciate that it let me ring more than one bell at a time (I could ring at least six at once on my iPad), and it sounded exactly like I'd expect a bunch of bells ringing at the same time. I wish there was an option to see which note each bell was playing, since that'd make it easier to play my own tunes, but that's a minor quibble that doesn't detract from the package. (B)ring in some joyful noise for your holidays!
It's starting to sound and look a lot like Christmas!
What a cool app. This latest update even includes holiday iMessage stickers. Wow!
Really good but...
I would love to have the bells labeled with their note names so that you can play your own music more easily. Love the sound and general function. It would also be nice to have another octave to choose from.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.