• Your ultimate national holidays calendar. Contains countless holidays and its descriptions, both official, but also those less official and more fun, like "Leave the Office Early Day" •
• Looking for a great conversation starter? Just begin with "Did you know that today is 'Garfield the Cat Day'?", and the conversation will flow naturally from there. •
• Don't know what to cook tonight? We have many food and culinary celebrations, a great inspiration for food lovers. •
• Have you ever wondered what interesting and unusual holiday is today? Perhaps you have read that it's Donut Day or National Running Day? Now you can give yourself a reason to celebrate and impress your friends with full collection of these fun, unusual celebrations and unique holidays! •
• Browse almost 2000 events as list or as calendar
• Add events to your device calendar to remind yourself of upcoming holidays
• Find all holidays using your device Search function
• Share events by social media, email or messages
• Add widget that shows daily holidays
Holiday Today is the most comprehensive (and best looking) collection of events and holidays you can have on your device.
Check what day is today and remember - everyday is a holiday!
More events will come in further updates!
Follow us on Twitter: @holidaytodayall
"From “Barbie-in-a-Blender Day” to “Moldy Cheese Day,” Holiday Today puts a near-endless list of mostly random holidays and observances at your fingertips so you can choose if there’s something worth celebrating."
• Minor fixes for February and March events
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Wish I had more varied alarm options or a default event time setting. I love being able to export the holidays I'm interested in to my daily working calendar and ONLY those holidays. I export my menu app MealBoard to my working calendar and voilà banana cream pie on banana cream pie day. Fun for mom with hobby time managing house with stressed students who have no time but can join in on Talk Like a Pirate Day. Love the export function that lets you edit the holiday making it more terse before exporting it. Feel like splurging on Tempura Shrimp for the family supper? Wait. Is there a holiday for that coming up soon? Just use the search function and find out. I export my selected holidays as yearly repeats with 1 week alarms. Next year I can expand to pick up more or celebrate a different subset of the holidays. On chocolate mint day we had Girl Scout thin mints. Good timing Girl Scouts. It's guilt free dessert eating you plan for with lighter meals. Artichoke Heart Day? Crabmeat Day? Make an old or new recipe to fit it and put the holiday on the family calendar so they all see it and ask if we're eating that. This app is worth the money to be able to flawlessly export pick and choose holidays so they all don't clutter up your calendar. Plus the search function is a must and it works great.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you verych muhc for the kind review! We are pleased to inform you that the option to synchronize all the holidays to the calendar on your device is now available in Holiday Today. For now, you can synchronize all the events, but we are considering extending this functionality in the future.
Excellent option to replace Apple’s default PC holidays. Choose your own.
It took a couple (fun) hours to go through the holidays list to pick out the traditional ones & quickly add them to Apple’s Calendar app. I put them on the family calendar from my iPhone and set each holiday to repeat annually - trying to be careful to use custom settings where “days of week” was necessary. Since I have calendar on iCloud, it instantly synced to all the family devices. Just chuckle & smirk past all the “non-traditional” holidays & counter-protest holidays. This is a very intuitive user interface - kudos to the programmers! They thought of almost everything needed to customize your holiday choice. My 2 cents for improvements: 1) Change “Show As” default to “free” instead of “busy” on the add holiday to Calendar. 2) Allow a search by category in list view - it takes a while to peruse the whole list.
Great customer support. Fun holidays for homeschool ideas
I noticed a holiday was off and sent an email about it. Then I noticed one was missing. Within like an hour they had responded, they had already sent an update out to fix the one issue and agreed they should address the missing holiday.
Beyond that, I find this app a fun way to amp up the homeschooling experience. Give you multiple holidays a day to celebrate. Stupid easy to share them with your aunt if the mood hits you.
Bonus : I have visual issues, especially with lists, and the way this is all colored and formatted is easy on my eyes.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Piotr Pluta
- 41.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2020 Lonely Whale
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version Unlock $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.