The Holy Bible - King James Version is a beautiful, easy to use, full featured Tecarta Bible app designed for quick navigation, easy note taking and powerful Bible study.
The King James Version (KJV) of the Bible is included with the app, and all the other popular translations (NKJV, NIV, NLT, ESV, NASB, MSG, etc.) can be affordably purchased in the app. Also available for purchase in the app are a large selection of Study Bibles, Commentaries and Devotionals -- with all of their extra content integrated beautifully in the app so it is easy to navigate, search and study.
The app does contain a single ad in the verse of the day screen. For customers who have made an in-app purchase the app remains ad free. As our user base expands, we have made this change In order to continue our efforts.
All Bible translations, Study Bibles, Commentaries and Devotionals can be downloaded to your device so you can use them off-line (without an Internet connection). Tecarta Bible makes it easy to navigate, search, highlight verses, bookmark, make margin notes, and copy and paste into your notes.
- Fast and easy to use
- Flip back and forth from your Bible to note-taking during lessons with one touch and not miss a thing
- No internet connection needed for downloaded Bibles, Study Bibles, Commentaries and Devotionals
- Use either Study mode, Parallel mode or Reading mode (pages turn like in a book)
- Select, copy and paste multiple verses easily and quickly
- Quick navigation either by using predictive entry or table of contents
- Margin notes allow you to write notes for a specific passage
- Night mode for low light reading
- Both word and verse selection for highlights
- Facebook and Twitter sharing
- Highlighting allows readers to easily emphasize verses or passages
- Full-text search by OT, NT or current book allows users to quickly find words and study topics
- Bookmark your favorite passages for quick future reference or make your own personal studies
- Powerful folder system allows users to organize notes and bookmarks
- History folder and back button
- Portrait / Landscape mode
- Font sizes can be easily changed
- Easily e-mail notes to yourself, friends or family
- NIV, ESV, NKJV, KJV, and NASB are red-letter editions, which can be optionally disabled
- Users can expand Bible translations library easily and affordably through in-app purchase
- Split-screen capability for parallel translations or for seeing Bible study with personal or study notes at the same time
- Autoscroll with adjustable speed
- Synchronize all your notes, bookmarks, margin notes and highlights across all iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices
- AirPrint enabled
- NIV (New International Version - 2011)
- NIrV (New International Reader's Version)
- NLT (New Living Translation)
- ESV (English Standard Version)
- NASB (New American Standard Bible)
- MSG (The Message Bible)
- CEV (Contemporary English Version)
- NKJV (New King James Version)
- AMP (Amplified Bible)
- NCV (New Century Version)
- NVI (Spanish NIV Bible)
- LBLA (La Biblia de las Américas)
- CUV (Chinese Union Version)
- CUVS (Chinese Union Simplified Version)
- Korean Bible
- NIV Study Bible 2011 version
- NIV Quest Study Bible
- NIV Women's Devotional Bible
- NIV Women's Study Bible
- NIV Men's Devotional Bible
- NIV Student Bible
- NIV Teen Study Bible
- MacArthur's Daily Bible
- Couples Devotional Bible
- Mom's Devotional Bible
- Real Life Devotional Bible for Women
Try all of the above Bibles, Study Bibles, Devotionals, and commentaries for free using our in-app trial feature. Or if you would like to use these Bibles offline, you can do so by purchasing the license from inside the app. Purchasing any Bible license will also remove ads from the app.
Are we missing any translations you would like to see? Do you have any suggestions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- underline highlights bug fix
- "Time to Read" notification reminder is now "Scripture Break!"
- Bug fix with sync scroll and multiple views bouncing
Ratings and Reviews
An excellent Bible app provided by charitable folks
This is an outstanding copy of Gods word. Some criticize the audio aspect. But it is not irreverent because the technology is limited in its pronunciation. Also, though it is good to read your own hard copy because you get used to where verses are on a page and that helps memory…the hearing of Gods word is a great blessing too and is a practice of Gods people throughout history. Sometimes people did not have many copies of Gods word. So they would gather to hear it. I think of the precious underground Chinese Church who have experienced a famine of Gods word and they starve for it…they crave it…and GLADLY listen to it! I listen to it while sleeping often or busy doing other things. I see this as a good thing because Gods word has power. It’s not irreverent to listen this way though when we spend time in private to read or listen in Church we should give our undivided attention to the word of God. Just as men of the world use subliminal methods to advertise on TV commercials or social media, so this app can be used to tear down strongholds just by playing in your back ground listening.
New update Stinks!
I’ve had this app for many years now. I loved it because it was a stand alone KJV with audio. I also was able to purchase the Strong’s Concordance. These were the only 2 products I was interested in. The ability to share image and verse together was a feature I used daily for over 3 years, sharing on social media. The simplicity of this app was what I loved and desired in a Bible Study App until the new update forced an update changing everything. There is now so much extra that my experience is overwhelming. Sure, I’ve learned how to use only the version I wanted. But the search feature in overloaded with topics that just clutter the page. Scrolling after a word by is searched is awful because the page skips multiple passages due to the way it’s designed. The simple app that I once loved is now so extra to navigate. There is also ads on the page that wasn’t there before, mind you I purchased the Strongs add on many years ago. I had recommended the app to several people in my church’s Bible study group who now feel the same way I do. We’d love to have been made to pushed update and kept the old faithful stand alone version. I inquired helped and the developer did send videos but nothing takes the extras away. I just wish we would have had the option to update or not. 😢
Developer Response ,
Hi, we appreciate your feedback. Could you send us a screenshot of what you're seeing where the search is skipping passages, as well as the email for your Tecarta account? We will look into these issues further. You can contact us at email@example.com.
The Bible application by Tecarta, Inc. is over and above any superlative I could use here to describe it. I have been using it now for a couple of years and it has transformed my daily Bible study. I still use my hands-on Bible loving the feel of the leather in my hands traipsing through the Word checking and reviewing the verses as the morning study takes me through the Word.
However Tecarta allows me to take notes and save the study and messages in an organized manner that is quickly and easily accessed as never before. The method of keeping margin notes, not available in countless other apps and programs used in the past, allows quick access to a verse, inserting a note and keeping the verse and verses in a separate note that can be recalled by the search tool. This program has revolutionized my Bible note taking.
Additionally the manual is short and simple allowing the application to be quickly learned. I hate the hundred page manual poorly indexed. Not so with the Tecarta application. It is a quick study, short and simple making the user adept almost instantly. The selection of Bibles is comprehensive along with study bibles, and Strong’s together with a nice selection of commentaries and dicitonarys.
I pray that the author and all of the staff are continually blessed by the Lord as He makes his Word available to us through Tecarta. I pray also for a continual supply of electricity and support for the existence of this app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bible App Labs LLC
- 130.1 MB
- Requires iOS 15.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.5 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.3 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Tecarta, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- New International Version $5.99
- Strong's with KJV $4.99
- New King James Version $7.99
- Matthew Henry's Commentary $1.99
- Amplified Bible Classic $4.99
- New Living Translation $7.99
- American Standard Bible $1.99
- The Message $5.99
- New American Standard 1995 $4.99
- High Quality Text-to-Speech for 1 Year $1.99