Holy Rosary - Scriptural Edition, featuring audio recordings of students from the Catholic Franciscan University of Steubenville.
The appropriate mystery is loaded for that particular day when the application launches. For Sundays, the mysteries are chosen based on the current liturgical season. You can also manually choose which mysteries you would like to pray along with by tapping the image on the screen and choosing from the menu.
A passage of scripture is read prior to each Hail Mary which helps us to dive deeper into the mysteries of the rosary as we ponder our Lord's birth, life, death and resurrection.
Many people use this at night before they go to bed, or listen/pray along while they are in their cars or on-the-go. Just launch, press play and pray!
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Fix issue with audio controls on lock screen not working consistently
Fix app not refreshing current mystery when day changes and app has not been restarted
Ratings and Reviews
Best app ever
This app is the best thing that has ever happened to me, I have been praying the rosary almost every single day for three years. Because I love and appreciate this app so much, I’m leaving a five star review! However, there are some glitches that need to be worked out! None of the glitches are bad enough to leave anything less than a five star review, but here is what I’ve noticed:
1) Let’s say I’m praying the rosary and I have to pause for whatever reason in the middle of the first decade. I start it back up again a few minutes later and continue on. When I hit pause (let’s say I hit pause at the very beginning of the fourth decade of any given set of mysteries), sometimes it will jump the rosary prayer way back to the beginning or where I first hit pause. I then have to fast forward all the way to where I really wanted to pause.
2) I have to play something else (ie: Music, podcast, etc) before I get into my car (I have a Bluetooth system) otherwise my rosary app will connect to my car and completely start over, no matter where I left off before starting my car.
3) sometimes when I hit pause, it will stop for a second and then start back up again, so I have to scramble to stop the app so I don’t lose my place.
These are all minor issues, but I figured someone may want to know. I love this app so much and thank you to whomever developed it, it has changed my life.
Thank you again & God bless!!
What a gift!
This Rosary is beautiful. It appears that the scriptural version lasts about 25-27minutes. It has good sound quality and the leader is well spoken and easy to understand. There is also a photo to supplement each mystery. The mysteries automatically load each day so that we are saying the correct mysteries. Or if you want to pray more mysteries there is a choice to manually choose them as well.
The only thing that bothers me is just a pet peeve of mine. While reciting the Our Father there is a male voice that stands out and cannot seem to say “into” temptation. I know it is a little thing. My husband does it too. He says “in” temptation. At first the voice kept throwing me. But now I keep the sound a bit further down and if reciting allowed I make sure I say it louder so I don’t have to hear it. Like I said just a pet peeve. I wish that people could slow down a bit to fit in the entire word. 🙃 But I still give this 5 stars.
I’ve just used this app for the first time and love it! Praying along with others gives a boost to my focus and makes me feel in communion with other believers. You can also pray without the audio playback if you prefer. I love the quick scriptural verses before each Hail Mary, it certainly encourages deeper contemplation and adds some dimension to the traditional prayers. I love that you can speed up or slow down the audio as you wish at any point during the prayers without interruption. I am on a journey to praying all 20 mysteries daily and I know this app will help immensely. Thank you for developing this and God Bless You!
The developer, Joe Meineke, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Joe Meineke
- 69.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Joe Meineke
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.