Home+ 4 is the only full featured HomeKit app on the App Store which supports all HomeKit automation features. You can control all your HomeKit accessories from different manufacturers in one app and create your very own smart home.
Home+ 4 was completely redesigned for iOS 13 and looks great in Light and Dark Mode. You can also change the icons of your accessories to better match the appearance of your smart accessories. Home 4 also lets you choose a different app icon to better match your Home Screen.
Home allows you to automate your home with automations. For example you can raise the temperature in your living room if the temperature drops below 68°F and somebody is at home.
You can control multiple accessories at once using Groups. For example you can turn on all lights in the living room and set the brightness to 50%.
There are multiple widgets available to control your favorite accessories, cameras, groups and scenes.
On your Apple Watch you can see all your favorite accessories, cameras, groups and scenes and control them with a single tap.
The Home app only works with HomeKit compatible accessories.
Fixes an issue where scenes could not be added to automations
–– 4.1.0 ––
- Allows showing service in separate tile
- Includes 20 new accessory icons
- Provides an activist log where changes of characteristic values are listed; see Settings > Activity Log
- Allows ordering of favorite accessories, cameras, groups and scenes; see Settings > Favorites
- On smaller screen sizes (iPhone SE), the accessory and group widget only shows 2 tiles per row
If you enjoy this update, please consider tipping the developer. Thank you. (Settings > Tip Developer)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Well though out app with a few caveats
This really is a well thought out app and I’d love to give it 5 stars, however there are a few caveats...
• Clean and simple UI with an appealing design.
• Tiles are layed out in such a way where you can collapse rooms and therefore only focus on the accessories you’re interested in which keeps things uncluttered.
• Very powerful automations with conditional statements.
• Provides for a full replacement of the Home app.
• Expensive for what it does.
• Device status is often not current. Example: turn on an accessory while Home+ is in the background, then open Home+ and the status shows that it’s off. All of my other homekit apps show real-time status so I’m not sure why status polling is so different in Home+. This is my biggest gripe with this app.
• No ability to use device groups in the accessory page. You can create groups in the groups tab, however this is cumbersome and a poor implementation.
• Key custom icons seem to be missing. Example: There is a generic fan icon but no ceiling fan icon. A greater assortment of icons would go a long way especially if you have a lot of accessories like myself.
All in all, I really do like this app and would like to re-evaluate my review in the future if these key features/improvements are made - especially the device status issue...
Everything Apple Home App Should Be
I don’t post many reviews in the App Store.
But I feel like this app deserves it! Don’t let the price scare you away. Apple should hire this team to redesign the native home (HomeKit) app on the iPhone. I’m very much into home automation and I also use Home Assistant for my automations. But after finding this app I changed some of those over to this app with great success.
It does take some time to figure out how to properly set automations, but in the end it’s so worth it. What I like the best with this app is the ability to set conditions for automation triggers. For example if I want my lights to come on when my Motion Sensors detect Motion they will but I can also set them to only come on if my TV is set to “off” then after Motion is not detected it will turn the lights back off again. Now if the TV is “on” nothing happens if I choose. This is just a small example of what is possible with conditions in automations. I also run a humidifier in my home but when the humidity in the room is above 50 this app turns my humidifier off and stays off until the humidity level drops below 45. This is awesome and I absolutely love this app. Again don’t let the price scare you away. You will not be disappointed. The author is here to help you if you have any questions. Thanks for making this app! I will be looking for any future releases from you guys!
Best Home Automation Program Available
I have been using this app for a long time now and have seen it grow as apple allows the developers to have more options with the programming. I have spoken with Matthias on several occasions asking for various abilities that weren’t programmed in and if he was allowed he would come out with an update down the road incorporating my request. I have been looking for a way to turn on my lights a certain time before sunset since its dark in the house before sunset and after apple opened it up to developers Matthias put it in Home 3. This allows me to not have to worry about constantly changing the time the lights come on as the day lengthens or shortens. I also wanted the ability to activate devices only on certain days and that is now programmed in. Lastly I wanted the ability to move my scenes and automations around in the stacking order and that is also the case now. Everything I wanted in an automation program is now within Home 3. There are also other options that I don’t use now, but its great to know that if I want them in the future, they are there. This program is well worth the money I paid for it.
- Matthias Hochgatterer
- 127.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Matthias Hochgatterer
- In-App Purchases
- Nice Tip $1.99
- Kind Tip $4.99
- Generous Tip $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.