Control and monitor your home from anywhere in the world. Home Assistant Companion lets you control all your devices and provides advanced location and notification engines to allow for complex automations.
Home Assistant is an open-source home automation platform that focuses on local control and privacy. Supported products include:
- Amazon Echo (Alexa)
- Apple TV
- Belkin WeMo
- Dark Sky
- Google Assistant
- Google Cast
- IKEA Trådfri (Tradfri)
- Philips Hue
Home Assistant Companion requires a configured Home Assistant instance. The instance must use Home Assistant Cloud or be accessible from the Internet and secured with a valid, non self-signed, SSL certificate for location tracking. Basic notifications work without external access.
Small release this month!
- Changes Crash Reporting and Analytics to be opt-in. If you've never changed one, this has now been switched to off, but you can turn it back on.
- Fixes entering zones when multiple, overlapping zones (e.g. an "outer" zone and an "inner" zone with the same center, but differing radiuses).
- Fixes a location update error when a significant location change occurs immediately following entering a zone, when entering that zone occurs with locations just outside the zone.- Fixes entering zones when multiple, overlapping zones (e.g. an "outer" zone and an "inner" zone with the same center, but differing radiuses).
- Fixes a location update error when a significant location change occurs immediately following entering a zone, when entering that zone occurs with locations just outside the zone.
Ratings and Reviews
Really good app
This works great, and gives a much nicer cleaner interface than bringing up HA on a web page in a browser.
I think there may be a bug in the iPad version as I am unable to get the location service working. When I select enable in preferences for location updates, the app freezes. This happens on both my iPads (air and pro). I don't have an iPhone to test it on.
Text notifications work good though. Haven't tried the more complicated notifications yet.
I note that in system configuration under privacy/location services, that the home assistant app doesn't show up. This may indicate that there is something missing in the pilist file (think I remember name correctly) in the xtools iOS development environment.
Developer Response ,
We believe the freeze has been fixed as of the last version. Try again and let us know if you are still having problems. Thanks for the feedback!
Best smart home software
Home Assistant is awesome, the best smart home software I’ve used for sure. It’s not the easiest to use sometimes, it does take some homework, but it is the most powerful. I love that it’s all self-hosted, I don’t have to worry about any information or communication in the cloud. There are so many integrations available that it surprises me sometimes. This app is great, it functions like you would expect this app to, as an extension of any other interface for the software. I can’t recommend this app enough, and Home Assistant in general if you dedicate the time to it.
Its been a long time since I’ve yeeted my phone across the room
I’m beyond ticked off with trying to edit automations from this app. As soon as I edit any field that opens the keyboard, the app and buttons are entirely mis-aligned with my touch input after the keyboard closes. It does the same thing in mobile firefox, even crashes the app or the mobile firefox tab when trying to navigate away from an automation after saving changes to it. Something is seriously bugged out with the mobile UI on the latest stable version of home assistant. Going to bed now but will post the issue on github when I have time. It took me 15 attempts to change 3 delay values and 3 scene transition times, because of the UI glitching out so bad when the keyboard closes.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nabu Casa, Inc
- 33.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016-2021 The Home Assistant Authors
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.