Home Decorators Collection introduces Shade App to compliment their latest innovation in cellular shade motorization. Seamlessly communicate with your cellular shades utilizing the Bluetooth communication in your smartphone or tablet. With a motorized Home Decorators Collection cellular shade from The Home Depot, you have the option to control shades with the touch of a button or program them to automatically move to custom positions based on schedules you create.
* Upon startup, take a quick tour of the App features.
* Intuitive, customizable tab interface for quick, easy navigation of App controls organized by group and shade names.
* Initial calibration is a snap with step-by-step instructions that walk users through the process of setting upper, lower and favorite shade positions specific your window sizes.
* Using Bluetooth to communicate, control motorized Home Decorator Collection cellular shades individually or in groups.* Program your shades by weekday & weekends (simple mode) or by individual day (advanced mode) with up to 6 events per day.
* Access individual shade settings for re-naming, calibrating, fixing Bluetooth pairing issues or to just help identify which shade is which.
* Quick menu access to video content, manuals, FAQ’s and customer support if needed.
Updated our terms and conditions and squashed a few bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Worked at first - then added a second blind
The good: the actual motor and blind work great. There is plenty of torque in the motor to operate their largest size shade. Also the battery lasts over a year before needing a recharge.
The bad: the motor and shade are rather noisy. If you are imagining the quiet, subtle sound of the shade moving up and down, prepare for disappointment. You are paying ~ $100 so you are getting a lower grade smart home unit.
The ugly: the Bluetooth connectivity is garbage. Your phone will lose pairing with the blind periodically and will not easily re-pair to the blinds. So effectively you lose control to the blind from the smart phone app Bluetooth has been around for over two decades so there is no reason for the app + over-the-air connection to be so crappy.
Final words: I'm going to buy a remote next to see it it works better than the app. The hardware was built right. However, The app needs serious redevelopment before I could recommend this smart blind solution. Too bad: The Home Depot was so close!
App vs shade
I’ve had my shades installed for about four months now and they’re great for the price point. It is difficult to tell which issues are caused by the app and which are the fault of the shade motor, but things have been okay. Set your expectations low and you’ll probably have a good time. The motors are loud, but this was a great option for the clerestory windows in my bedroom. After about a month, the clock values are off by 2-3 minutes so the shades are out of sync with each other and their schedule. Opening the app and giving them a few seconds to connect fixes that problem without any fuss. It takes a couple of seconds sequentially to connect to each shade you are within range of. I rarely use the app to control the shades as I have all three paired to one remote and normally use that when it’s necessary. The schedule function only lets you set times in 15 minute increments, which is mildly annoying. The app is pretty simple otherwise and easy to use.
It works, not much else
Open app, select room where shades are then tap each shade to connect. Then you can set a very basic schedule. The schedule can’t use sunrise or sunset, just a specific time of day. If you click on the support link, it opens a Home Depot webpage showing product. No way to contact support.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- One World Technologies, Inc
- 40.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 TTI Group NA, Inc.