Home Inventory Mobile Backup is one of two free iOS helper apps for Home Inventory for the Mac. You must have Home Inventory on your Mac in order to use Mobile Backup.
With Mobile Backup, you can backup your Home Inventory files to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch and view the items in your inventory while on the go. And, should you ever need to, you can restore your inventory from Home Inventory Mobile Backup back onto your Mac.
• Download inventory files backed up to Dropbox using the Backup to Dropbox feature in Home Inventory version 3.2 or later.
• Backup and restore inventory files through iTunes or over your WiFi network.
• View all of the items in your inventory right on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, including warranty information notes, photos, and receipts.
• View your policy insurance policy details.
• Email, print, and share item photos, receipts, and file attachments.
• Support for password protected inventory files helps keep your inventory safe from prying eyes.
***Home Inventory Remote Entry is available on the App Store for adding and editing items in Home Inventory on your Mac.***
Fixed a bug where the inventory navigation lists render incorrectly when Dynamic Type is enabled.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’ve had both the mobile and Mac versions of this app for several years. When I retired in 2013, I decided my first project would be to document all our stuff, room by room. I was worried that our homeowner’s insurance was under-estimating our valuable possessions. I took pictures of everything (furniture, appliances, electronics, etc) with my iPhone, and uploaded them, along with any receipts, creating a database so detailed that our insurance company was very impressed. Edits are also a breeze. It’s comforting to know that we have this all documented and on file with our agent. I recently had a question about the app, and emailed customer service. I received an answer the same day. It’s hard to find such prompt service anymore. Kudos!
Long, long overdue
I have been using this Home Inventory for many years. I use it to inventory my collections. It is the best! When I have had issues or questions I go to the developers and they offer beyond belief assistance. If you realize it can’t do everything, but it can do everything you need to record your assets you will be quite satisfied.
It does not get any better than this!
Functionality is great
Integration with latest Mac-features
Very intuitive and easy to use
Friendly and helpful software support
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.