Home Inventory Mobile Backup is one of two free iOS helper apps for Home Inventory for the Mac. You must have Home Inventory on your Mac in order to use Mobile Backup.
With Mobile Backup, you can backup your Home Inventory files to your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch and view the items in your inventory while on the go. And, should you ever need to, you can restore your inventory from Home Inventory Mobile Backup back onto your Mac.
• Download inventory files backed up to Dropbox using the Backup to Dropbox feature in Home Inventory version 3.2 or later.
• Backup and restore inventory files through iTunes or over your WiFi network.
• View all of the items in your inventory right on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, including warranty information notes, photos, and receipts.
• View your policy insurance policy details.
• Email, print, and share item photos, receipts, and file attachments.
• Support for password protected inventory files helps keep your inventory safe from prying eyes.
***Home Inventory Remote Entry is available on the App Store for adding and editing items in Home Inventory on your Mac.***
Fixed a bug where the inventory navigation lists render incorrectly when Dynamic Type is enabled.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app but....
Great app that works well with the desktop application. The but is... unlike the desktop application, the iOS app don’t allow for scrolling between items. When viewing an item, you must close item or go back then open a different item. Also, unlike the desktop app, the iOS app don’t not support url hyperlinks- even though you’re able to create the Field in the desktop application.
I’ve had both the mobile and Mac versions of this app for several years. When I retired in 2013, I decided my first project would be to document all our stuff, room by room. I was worried that our homeowner’s insurance was under-estimating our valuable possessions. I took pictures of everything (furniture, appliances, electronics, etc) with my iPhone, and uploaded them, along with any receipts, creating a database so detailed that our insurance company was very impressed. Edits are also a breeze. It’s comforting to know that we have this all documented and on file with our agent. I recently had a question about the app, and emailed customer service. I received an answer the same day. It’s hard to find such prompt service anymore. Kudos!
Not compatible with intel macs.
Not compatible with intel macs. Used to work great but they are no longer supporting intel macs so you can’t backup your inventory to your portable device. I’m not ready to buy a new computer just to use this app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Binary Formations, LLC
- 15.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Binary Formations, LLC