Home Inventory Remote Entry is a free helper for our Mac home inventory management application, Home Inventory, from Binary Formations (see our website at http://MacHomeInventory.com for more information about Home Inventory).
Home Inventory Remote Entry frees you from having to sit in front of your computer to enter items into your inventory. Wander around your home, storage unit, or anywhere else, and build out your inventory using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. You can create new items, take photos of your items and add receipts. You can also add new locations, collections, categories, conditions, and tags.
Remote Entry replaces Home Inventory Photo Remote for Home Inventory (version 3.3 and later). Unlike Photo Remote, you do not have to be connected to your Mac via WiFi to enter new items. The items you created offline will be added to your inventory the next time you connect to Home Inventory over your home's WiFi network.
You can also scan information from QR codes, Aztec codes, and other 1D & 2D barcodes directly into item fields. This is helpful for entering serial numbers, asset tags, and other machine readable information quickly.
When connected to your inventory over WiFi, you can also edit existing items and use Remote Entry's built-in barcode scanner to add items to your inventory by looking up their UPC/EAN barcode online.
New Photo Entry mode lets you quickly build out your inventory by adding items with just a photo and a name in rapid succession. Photo Entry mode supports dictation so you can add new items and item detail using your voice.
+++ More Noteworthy Features +++
• Supports Home Inventory's custom fields and field layouts.
• Barcode lookup is available for products in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, France, and Japan (barcode lookup is only available when connected to Home Inventory via WiFi).
• Easy navigation through item fields.
• Add photos and receipt images to your items.
• Photo Entry mode lets you quickly build out your inventory by adding items with just a photo and a name in rapid succession.
• App icon badge displays the number of items added in Offline Mode but not yet added to Home Inventory on the Mac (notifications must be allowed to use this feature).
*** To backup your complete inventory to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch for viewing and recovery purposes, use our Home Inventory Mobile Backup helper app. It's available on the App Store http://appstore.com/homeinventorymobilebackup ***
• New Photo Entry mode lets you quickly build out your inventory by adding items with just a photo and a name in rapid succession. Tutorial available at https://youtu.be/cN7vx0a7uIY.
• Split screen support for the iPad (requires iOS 9).
• Runs native on the iPad Pro.
• Fixed a bug where photos sometimes appear blurry on older iPhones after using the barcode scanning feature.
Ratings and Reviews
Very Good Inventory App
Works well in combination with desktop version, which is terrific. The mobile app makes it easy to enter items while walking around the house in wi-fi range. I’d prefer some type of cloud-based approach that would allow me to work on my inventory offline. But it appears this is intended to function only as a “helper” app to the desktop application. So long as that limitation is kept in mind, this is really a worthwhile program and highly recommended. Customer service is outstanding! Very prompt responses to email inquiries.
Checked out all of the other inventory apps
Of course you pay for the mac os app and use this and the backup app in concert. So far I am very happy with the fact that a) I could buy the software out right, and b) the mobile app allows for me to add everything on the go and places like the garage. These developers thought of everything and I dont have to pay monthly. You can download the pdf manual/user guide on their website. I plan on reading it because this setup is simple if you want it to be but I want to utilize the full set of features.
Needs a boost, but free is good
Best when working in offline mode - wifi connect on OS X app is buggy - "network error" messages and you lose whatever you are trying to add to inventory (developer: pls note this is a bummer).
Yet, working offline, they got it right. Your data gathering is mostly photo taking of your stuff. A quick shot, label it, and load it in to the iOS app for transfer later.
Works great for what it should do - just don't try to stay 'live' connected. If you are ready to use this as a data gathering tool - works fine.
Yet, having just paid out the $25 for OS X app and no real iOS app other than freeware is kinda lame....
- Binary Formations, LLC
- 5.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Binary Formations, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Generous Tip $0.99
- Really Generous Tip $1.99
- Hugely Generous Tip $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.