We recently released our next-generation inventory app, Under My Roof. After 16 years, Home Inventory will continue to be supported but will not receive new features.
A Mac App Store Editor’s Choice, Home Inventory has been helping people around the world document & manage their home & belongings since 2005.
Called "Quick and easy to use" by the New York Times and a Mac App Store pick for “Best of 2013” by Apple, Home Inventory is the go-to tool for organizing details about your home and belongings for all your household needs.
GET RID OF PAPER CLUTTER
• Go paperless and store photos, receipts, product manuals, warranties, notes, and important documents for quick and easy access.
KEEP IMPORTANT DETAILS ABOUT YOUR HOME & BELONGINGS
• Make, model, serial number, purchase price, purchase date, value, and more
• Photos, receipts, notes, and important documents
• Warranty information
• Repairs, improvements, renovations
QUICKLY BUILD OUT YOUR INVENTORY
• Take photos and scan receipts directly to Home Inventory from your iPhone or iPad using Continuity Camera in Mojave and iOS 12.
• Use our free helper app, Home Inventory Remote Entry, to add items from your iPhone or iPad device.
• Add receipts directly to Home Inventory's Inbox without having to open Home Inventory.
MANAGE PERSONAL PROPERTY INSURANCE NEEDS & CLAIMS
• Personal property insurance coverage analysis lets you know if you are under or over-insured.
• Policy support handles the complex coverage rules and limits found in most personal property insurance policies.
• Share your inventory report with your insurance agent so you can determine the exact level of coverage you need.
• Reports with the required details of your belongings can be used when filing a claim to help you receive a fair and timely settlement.
MANAGE HOME MAINTENANCE
• Create a home maintenance schedule that integrates with Calendar and Reminders.
• Track important information about your home, such as square footage, purchase price, and property assessment history.
• See your overall inventory and purchase history at a glance with the Charts View.
PLAN YOUR ESTATE
• Designate heirs for items you wish to pass on to loved ones.
• Add the Heirs Report as an addendum to your Will.
• Flexible enough for any type of collectible.
• Home Inventory offers multiple ways to value collections.
• Check off items on the in/out Moving List Report.
• Have details of your belongings in case of damage during the move.
DATA PRIVACY & PROTECTION
• Your data is yours and stored locally on your Mac in a location of your choosing without the vulnerabilities of a web app.
• Automatically back up your data to the cloud using a sync service such as iCloud Drive or Dropbox.
• Use our free helper app Home Inventory Mobile Backup to backup to your iPhone or iPad for safe keeping and viewing on the go.
• Export to or Import your data to a standard CSV formatted file so it’s accessible from other applications.
FREE HELPER APPS FOR YOUR iPHONE OR iPAD
• Home Inventory Mobile Backup
• Home Inventory Remote Entry
~~~ OTHER NOTEWORTHY FEATURES ~~~
• Built-in currency conversion
• Multiple currency support
• Robust & flexible custom reporting options
• Customizable fields, field layouts, locations, categories, collections, heirs, tags & reports
• Password protection
• Track multiple homes
• Drag and drop items between homes
• Dark Mode support
• Support for Continuity Camera
• Full Screen support
• Exceptional Customer Support
If you have any issues, questions, or comments about Home Inventory please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. We are always working to improve Home Inventory and most of the changes and feature additions come from our customers.
If Home Inventory meets your needs and you feel inspired to leave a review or rating it makes a huge difference to us. Positive reviews are a huge help to small, independent software companies like ourselves. Thank You!
Fixed an issue with importing photos and receipts referenced from a CSV file.
Ratings and Reviews
Best value and on it’s way to being excellent
I looked into many different softwares, mainly for inventorying high-end art collections. Most of the softwares specific to this need are truly expensive ($250-$5000) or only available as a subscription service (I try to avoid subscriptions like the plague). It came down to Binary Formations Home Inventory versus Blue Plum Software’s Home Inventory. Both excellent, versatile softwares, for more than a fair price. Honestly, I like Blue Plum's design a little better, aesthetically speaking, but ultimately they did not have enough customizable fields for me, and I ended up switching to Binary Formations.
There is a little bit of a learning curve involved. Not everything functions the way I would expect it to, especially in terms of shortcuts and workflows that one typically sees on the Mac. But overall, this is an excellent piece of software that is very versatile, can be customized, and includes all the major features that I’m looking for, including remote entry on iPad and a light version for viewing on iPad. I am still navigating my way through the interface, so I’m not completely versed in it yet, but I’m very pleased with what I have been able to do in a short time and the logic and versatility of the system.
I believe this software will only get better as the developers continue to work on it and add features. I have contacted them a few times now, and they are extremely responsive. This alone is well worth it.
Using for Years and Still Loving It
I have been a user of Home Inventory for many years. This program is straightforward, packed with functionality, and answers all my inventory needs. It’s not tied to a subscription (I don’t know how they can afford to offer this thing without one), and it’s very thoroughly and well-developed. This is, by far, the most useful third party app I have on any of my devices. I use both the mobile backup and the mobile entry apps that they offer as free tools to work in tandem with the Home Inventory. They both work easily and make inventorying enjoyable. I used this when all I wanted to do was to track all of my cool stuff plus be able to add photos. Now that I care about evidence in case of theft, insuring values, etc., Home Inventory allows for all of the reports and receipts that go along with that. Adding barcodes makes this app that much better. I also really appreciate the numerous ways to sort and look at my inventories. Good app. Always works. Easy to use. Full of features.
Great I’ve used since 2011
The thing about home inventory apps is you want it to last for the long haul as it is a big project to initially get it done and then it needs updating over the years. This app has been working and inproving for me since 2011. I recently reopened the inventory file and could not back it up as I had changed computers, changed where I stored the back up (different places on dropbox) etc etc. Yesterday I sent an email to customer service at 11:31pm to see how to get back updating and backing up. At 7:59am the next day I had simple instructions on how to resolve the issue. ("To fix this go to Preferences under the Home Inventory menu, then click Backups at the top of the preferences window. Either un-check and re-check the backup option or click Change Backup Folder and select the folder you wish to backup to and you should be okay from then on."- duh). Big thanks for continuing to improve the app so I can continue to create a more accurate inventory of my house.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Binary Formations, LLC
- 21.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Binary Formations, LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.