This update brings the following new features for iOS 13 users:
* The HomeAway app looks gorgeous in Dark Mode!
* Easily add events to your calendar for your booked trips with Siri
Ratings and Reviews
Magnificent Magnolia Cottage
In Hendersonville, a short drive to Asheville, NC. We had a wonderful stay, and felt at home right away. Nice sized covered front porch, with seating for four.
House has been tastefully decorated, and we loved the ten foot ceilings, and all the charm of the place. Wood floors throughout, and even though the floors weren’t quite level in places, it really doesn’t matter.
The kitchen was fully equipped, including both a regular coffee pot and a Keurig, and even a toaster and blender.
Lots of blind covered windows let in lots of light, even on a cloudy day!
Bed(s) were extremely comfortable, and extra linens and towels were provided. Washer, dryer, and dishwasher were definitely a plus. Everything was very clean.
Nice neighborhood, a short walk to a great coffee shop in one direction, and just a few minutes to downtown Hendersonville, which is great! Restaurants, antique stores, and all kinds of small specialty shops. Wished we had more time to explore everything there was to discover.
The owner was very quick to respond when I messaged. My one recommendation is that there should be some kind of steppingstones or sidewalk from the driveway to the front porch. We had quite a bit of rain during our visit, and our shoes got kind of wet in the grass, and then we wouldn’t have had to worry about tracking dirt and water inside. Still, in my opinion, a five star getaway. If it rains during your stay, just leave your shoes at the door!😁
I am a regular user of HomeAway and appreciate their service however I have two major issues hat I believe will be their downfall if not addressed:
1. Fees are not transparent and are becoming out of control. Rather than recognizing the opportunity to compete with the Airbnb’s of the world on fees it is as if they instead just jacked up fees across the board. Further, because the “price per night” does not include the fees and charges across properties are inconsistent, the search experience is much more time consuming and frustrating than it needs to be. HomeAway should provide the option to see price per night with fees as a search option at a minimum which would at least increase transparency.
2. The app is buggy. This is in acceptable for a product/company at this scale. Get it together and only release updates when they’re properly tested. Simple features like “favorites” are not synchronized at times with the desktop. The funny thing is that this wasn’t a problem until they apparently recently updated the app because I used it in the past. The share favorites with someone has disappeared. The “draw area” for search (a nice idea) causes the app to crash regularly. None of this should be happening for a company like HomeAway.
Carolyn Nelson, Liten Hus, Minneapolis
I am giving a low score because Carolyn Nelson who manages the property Liten Hus in Minneapolis has stolen my money. I booked her place for this July 15-19th, 2019 and after booking I unexpectedly lost my job. I am a single mother of 2 and have had a really hard time with this adjustment. After losing my job I reached out to Carolyn to see if I could cancel my trip since I could no longer afford it. She informed me that if I wanted to cancel, as long as she was able to rebook the home on our dates then she would refund my money. She cancelled my booking and the home was available on my dates after that. I continued to watch to see if it got rebooked and noticed that it got fully booked for the whole summer including my original dates. Once I reached back out to her about receiving my money back she is not responding to me. I have every email that we have sent to each other and have the emails of her telling me she would refund my money. I am outraged and feel that she has stolen my money. If I would’ve known that she wasn’t going to give me my money back I would’ve just kept the trip booked and at least enjoyed the vacation. This woman is a thief and a liar and should not be allowed to do business on homeaway.
- HomeAway.com, Inc.
- 340.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 HomeAway.com, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.