HomeBudget with Sync 4+
Now available in mobile [iPhone/iPad] and desktop versions [Mac OS], including instant data sync between mobile/desktop versions. (Separate purchase required for each OS platform).
A lite version of HomeBudget is available under the free applications category. Give it a try.
Contact email@example.com, if you need help. We have no way of contacting you if you post an issue as a review.
HomeBudget is an integrated expense tracker designed to help you track your expenses, income, bills-due and account balances. It offers support for budgeting, and allows analysis of your expenses and income, including charts and graphs. Two key differentiating features of HomeBudget are:
1. Integrated set of features. The features within HomeBudget are well integrated such that a bill can become an expense (when you pay for it) and also adjust the account balance at the same time.
2. Family sync. HomeBudget includes Family Sync, an advanced feature that allows a group of devices/computers (Mac, iPhone, iPad, iTouch) within the household to exchange expense and income information, and work together within a single budget. Once setup, the devices/computers sync with each other automatically over the air. Family Sync works across all features including Bills and Accounts. Please refer to the Family Sync Quick Start guide at http://www.anishu.com for information on configuring Family Sync.
- Create/Edit/Delete expenses and recurring expenses
- Browse expense entries by month, by category/date with the ability to drill-down
- Optionally associate an account and payee with an expense
- Attach photo images of receipts
- Support for multiple currencies and automatic exchange rate conversion
- Search expense entries
- Create/Edit/Delete income and recurring income
- Optionally associate an account with the income
- Create/Edit/Delete bills and recurring bills
- Support for Payees, and track payments by Payee.
- Make payment on bills either an as expense or as a transfer (to avoid double accounting your expenses)
- Calendar and list view of Bills
- Bill reminders
Categories and Budget
- Create/Edit/Delete expense categories and sub-categories
- Set a budget, and track expenses at the category/sub-category level.
- Associate icons with the categories
- Budget rollover
- Classify expenses into fixed, variable and discretionary and compute your disposable income
- Support for Accounts such as Checking, Savings, Credit, Debit, Cash, etc.
- Associate your expense and income entries with your accounts and accurately track account balances.
- View transactions, and do transfer between accounts.
- Ability to choose a different base currency for each account
- Trend chart for Expense, Budget and Income for the last 12 months
- Pie/Bar charts for expense/income break-down (Available in the Expenses/Income screen).
- Export data/reports as PDF or CSV
- Automatically sync multiple computers/devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad, iTouch) in the household and see the same numbers on all devices over 3G and WiFi
- Work within the same budget with other members of the household
- Backup/Restore complete application data, including all receipts
- Ability to upload your own list of category icons
- HomeBudget follows the locale/region setting on your device and shows date and currency symbols appropriate for your region
Visit http://www.anishu.com to see more screenshots, and to download the user guide (PDF, 42 pages).
Minor bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
HomeBudget With Sync
This app is one of a few that can duplicate my financial spreadsheet without being overly complicated and costly.
My requirement is to know what bills are due and when each month, total expenses and total income month to month.
The app is very flexible when adding recurring, one time and periodic payments.
In a very short time I entered the content of my spreadsheet and could see my monthly expenses total month by month and my discretionary income.
The app has some graphical tools to see where your money is going and tools for budgeting purposes.
The interface needs a little rearranging but is not a show stopper.
Needs more options for printing.
Overall a very nice app and does what I want it to.
I really like this app, but....
I really do like the design of this app. It's fairly straight forward to set up and fairly easy to import in transactions from your bank with a little tweaking in excel. It's a good app if you're only tracking expenses from a single account. I would DEFINITELY recommend it.
However - it's got a pretty major flaw if you're tracking flow between Checking and Credit Accounts.
In order to track all of your accounts, you have to consider paying on a Credit Account as a transfer out of your checking Account to the Credit Account. Because of this, it removes the Payee as an expense and makes it a transfer. If you want to see your payment to a credit account under your expenses, you would have to double-dip, doing the transfer out from checking to credit account and then also put it in as an expense.
Fantastic App for Years - No Updates in 3 years
My wife and I have used this app for 8 years now (our entire marriage). It's wonderful to share our checkbook with this app. We use the forecast by putting all of our expected Bills and Income in for the next 2 years, and then viewing the forecast to see where we my need to be conservative, or where we can pay things off early or go on a vacation. It's wonderful, and we have had 0, that is zero, overdraft fees since we started using this app to manage our money.
The only problem is, they have not made a bug fix or feature enhancement in the last 3 years. As a result, you might want to go with another app where the developer is maintaining their software. We'll see. Hopefully Anishu will start updating thier software again, and we'll be happy campers for another decade.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Anishu, Inc.
- 61.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.7 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Anishu, Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.