Unlocking potential in every basketball player.
HomeCourt® is a breakthrough approach to basketball player development. It uses your iPhone or iPad to intelligently capture how you play—from your shots, to your dribbling, to your movements. By combining proven training concepts with real-time analysis, HomeCourt’s unique “train and play” model helps anyone get better at basketball. It’s the fastest way to develop basketball skills in a way that feels less like training and more like a video game.
Analyze every move with advanced mobile AI.
HomeCourt leverages mobile AI and computer vision technology to track your movement and mechanics in real-time, everything from your jump shot to your crossover. In-depth data and analytics help you break down every workout.
Get a new perspective on shooting with Shot Science.
Developed under the guidance of two-time MVP and Hall of Fame point guard Steve Nash, HomeCourt’s proprietary Shot Science technology provides meaningful insights for every shot you take. Train smarter with metrics like release time, release angle, vertical, and speed for every shot you take, right at your fingertips.
Access training drills that make smart use of data.
HomeCourt works with pro instructors to provide an extensive library of training drills. As you train, HomeCourt captures your performance and provides data about your workout—so you can track your progress over time. And real-time audio feedback makes doing drills even more immersive. HomeCourt also calculates and displays how many calories you’ve burned at the end of each workout and saves your data to HealthKit.
Compete with players around the world.
Players of all levels of experience can compete in challenges and share their progress with a global basketball community. Engage in unique basketball contests and challenges through HomeCourt and all-new NBA experiences. Compete on your own terms by customizing the leaderboard by experience level, friends you follow, or teams you’re on.
Simple to get started.
HomeCourt is ready to use everywhere you bring your iPhone or iPad. Just shoot. No uncomfortable sensors or expensive equipment. Just set up your phone with a clear view of the court and starting training and competing through HomeCourt.
• Free: Track 1,000 shots per month (limited time), shot-by-shot video review and highlights, unlimited participation in contests, create and join teams, basic dribble workouts
• HomeCourt Plus: Track 3,000 shots per month, more advanced dribble workouts
• HomeCourt Pro: Unlimited shot tracking, Shot Science analytics, and more advanced shooting drills, ball-handling, and agility workouts
Got any questions or feedback? Please shoot us an email at email@example.com. We'd love to hear from you.
• All-new NBA Challenges that use augmented reality, audio cues, and live capture of your real-world performance to deliver an immersive virtual competition.
• NBA Summer Shootout and NBA Summer Dribble Battle contests. Terms apply.
• New NBA Double Double and NBA Triple Double achievements for the summer.
• Scoop Layup, Floater, and Single Leg Shooting drills with 2x NBA MVP Steve Nash
• Star, Baseline Jumper, and Shot Progression drills with NBA 3-point Champion Joe Harris of the Brooklyn Nets
• Select and assign shots to multiple players in a single shooting session
• Enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Seems buggy but hopeful
At first, I was impressed by this application. Having a way to record and track shot by shot was the key feature I was looking for. However, after joining the free trial, I couldn’t get it to work like the first workout and discovered many bugs. Here are some issues I saw. Note that my setup is outdoor.
1. Even on the first day, I noticed some miss was counted as make. However, the errors were rare. I didn’t count everyone but definitely under 1%.
2. On the second day, I began to see more issues after moving the camera trying different positions. It seemed many more missed shots were counted as makes. Error seemed to go from 1% to every other miss.
3. Another issue I noticed was it was not tracking some of the shots.
At this point, this application became a fancy shot recorder (assuming I don’t see issue 3).
I really want to like this application and believe it may be an issue with the setup or ball that I am using. However, if you are considering this application, you should try this out first on your setup and ball a few times before going with the plan!
UPDATE: I talked to the support team. They provided the same response and believed the issues I saw were due to my white basketball. I believe they are correct and gave it four stars.
I am someone who does shooting training as well as coaching at the varsity level, I’ve used every training tool and gimmick ever created. This app (especially with the newest updates), couldn’t be better for teaching players fundamentals. If the players focus on release angle alone they can improve dramatically. My best players (already have perfect release angle) benefit substantially from the release time and leg angle numbers. The added dribble workouts are a huge bonus, even though I’d pay for the app just for the shooting data.
Even though all of the intended features are amazing, the best feature of the app is probably the ease at which you can share videos. Today’s kids like nothing more than seeing themselves on video and absolutely love getting the clips I send them.
If you like basketball at all, and are working on shooting or dribbling, just do yourself a favor and pay for the year subscription pro level and be done with it. Also, by a decent tripod with a cell phone attachment!
Your Basketball Game In Focus...For The First Time Ever!
The HomeCourt App is absolutely amazing! I use it everyday to track my basketball workouts. You can compete in periodic challenges with players all over the world or increase your skills each day to rise to the tops of the leaderboards. The Nex Team has developed a world class app that they continue to enhance with new features. If you play basketball and have an iOS device then you must have this app. The Nex Team is very responsive to user feedback and have an outstanding support staff. You can sense that they are passionate about their app and are eager to help. They even responded to my emails on the weekends over the Christmas holidays - you can’t get any more dedicated than that! Thank you Nex Team for what you have created so far. I cannot wait to see where you take us. I’ll keep shooting around, you keep pushing the limits of technology to capture my workouts in innovative new ways and give me new ways to measure my skillset. Deal? ;)
Developer Response ,
- NEX Team Inc.
- 199.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Gambling and Contests
- © 2017 - 2018 NEX Team Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- HomeCourt Pro (1-month) $7.99
- HomeCourt Pro (1-year) $69.99
- HomeCourt Plus (1-month) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.