HONG KONG’S BEST is the ideal travel guide to this classic Asian destination. Written by a pro-author it introduces REGIONS & DISTRICTS; outlines ITINERARIES; details SIGHTS & ACTIVITIES; and suggest great places to EAT and DRINK. All content’s original and independent (125+ points-of-interest/200+ pics); no recommendations are ads!
*** Published by TouchScreenTravels.com: independent travel guides for the digital age. Our Touch, Your Travels. ***
HONG KONG’S BEST starts with essential TRIP-PLANNING information and an overview of key REGIONS and DISTRICTS so you can decide where to stay.
A hand-crafted ITINERARIES section then offers first-timers five different easy-to-follow routes to explore the destination. Selected great boat tours are also recommended.
Then, the SIGHTS & ACTIVITIES section of the app is designed to give you the heads-up based on your interests. If you're particularly interested in CULTURE or are travelling with KIDS you might want to jump straight into the app here. Other sections include HISTORY; HIKING; PARKS; SWIMMING and VIEWS.
Finally the app details a few good BARS & RESTAURANTS near many key sights and provides a good introduction to HK's buzzing SHOPPING scene to help you find that perfect souvenir.
APP FEATURE: TRIP ESSENTIALS
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
APP FEATURE: THE CITY, COAST & MOUNTAINS
The lowdown on city-layout and surrounding regions:
• Hong Kong Island
• The New Territories
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES
With instructions and transport links:
• A Day Riding the Trams
• Aberdeen Sampan Tours
• Central & Mid-Levels In-A-Day
• Hong Kong Island In-A-day
• Lantau In-A-Day
• Northern Kowloon In-A-Day
• Riding The East & West Lines
• Star Ferry’s Harbour Tour
• Tsim Sha Tsui & The Peak in-a-day
APP FEATURE: SIGHTS, ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
Themed info and practical advice on:
• After Dark
• Kids & Families
• Parks & Gardens
• Swimming & Beaches
APP FEATURE: LISTINGS
Recommendations of where to eat, drink, shop and more:
• Shops & Shopping
APP FEATURE: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• AUTHOR: Beth Reiber got the travel bug as one of a dozen U.S. Girl Scouts picked to spend a month in Sweden, where, to her delight, she learned scouting was co-ed. With degrees in German and journalism, she has lived in Germany, visited some 50 countries, contributed to more than 55 publications and written 9 guidebooks, including Frommer’s guides to Japan, Hong Kong, Macau and Branson.
• ICON: Bernard Spragg@flickr
REVIEWS AND RATINGS
Reviews and ratings are like gold dust to small developers like us, if you like the app please go back into the app store, find it and leave a review or just a rating. It really helps us. Thanks.
Minor content update but many broken web links fixed. The Hong Kong tourism agency has revamped their website which had created many broken links as did an overhaul of the government's hiking website. Improved UI.
Ratings and Reviews
Thorough HK guide
Probably all you’ll need if like me you are on a long weekend stopover in Hong Kong.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wu Wei Ltd
- 21.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Beth Reiber
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.