The most exciting part of any tomb raiding adventure? The narrow escape. The treasure's in hand and it's time to get out in one piece. Your feet alone aren't fast enough to save you. Time to use your grappling hook and swing for dear life!
It's not as easy as it looks in the movies. Pull it off with skill, and you'll be rewarded with tons of treasure. Use those coins to deck yourself out with new and better tools, open up new treasure caves, and buy new hats, outfits, and characters.
- Simple to Learn: Just tap where you want your hook to go, and you’ll be swinging to victory.
- Treacherous Caves: Venture through water-logged ruins, magma-filled caverns, and more!
- Ghost Races: Race against your own best runs and see if you can stay ahead of yourself!
- Tons of Upgrades: Spend your hard-won treasure on better ropes, sharper hooks... even rocket boots and a shotgun!
- Customize Your Character: Adventure in style with a variety of hats, special costumes, and new characters at the shop!
Hook Champ - GameClub is playable for free, with some sections and features available only to subscribers of GameClub Pro, an optional auto-renewing monthly subscription which also removes ads. Besides the GameClub Pro subscription, there are no other in-app purchases in this game.
If you choose to purchase the optional subscription:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. No charge will be made for the free trial period.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior of the current period, at the cost indicated.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Thanks for playing this GameClub game! GameClub offers a curated catalog of iconic games, with new titles released every week. Subscribers get access to unlimited gameplay, no ads, and no additional purchases — just pure fun.
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements. Let’s play!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Let me start off by saying this: This game is astoundingly well presented and executed. The graphics are very nice and well done, giving a sort of throwback feel when your playing. I found the spritework to be very awesome. The controls are very simple and easy to learn. The story, although very limited, sets a nice backdrop to your escapes. The banter before each escape (especially the Minigore temple) brings humorous fun to the game. Overall this is a great game. To anyone who is on the edge about purchasing this or not, I say go ahead and get it.
P.S. to anyone who is wondering there are thirty-six levels each of which have their own secrets to find. Openfeint highscoreboards and times are there (sadly no Gamecenter) to add replay value and motivation to do better. There is a huge multitude of hats and upgrades to buy. The two characters that are blanked out at the bottom (other than Gunny) require an extra $0.99 purchase (each) to unlock.
iOS 11 killed this game
I’m pretty sure there will be no update for this game in the future. And with iOS 11, 32-bit app support is gone, rendering this game unplayable unless you roll back to version 10.3
This is one of the greatest paid mobile games ever. Easy to learn, but hard to master and the final levels require true hooking expertise! But alas, there is no sequel, and there is no equal or greater game of this type. I hope the developers decide upon some miracle to update this amazing game, but I know it’s pretty much gone. This era of games (just before micro-transactions became huge) is gone.
Sad days. Very sad days
Can’t believe they are trying to make me subscribe to an app I already bought.
I bought this app years ago way back when iPod touches were popular. It is probably my favorite mobile game to date. So I was excited when I saw I could get it for iPad. It’s ridiculous to me though that they are trying to make me buy a subscription to an app I already payed for. It would be one thing if I had payed for the app and they made it free. At least then I’d still be supporting the developers. But this is just some greedy company trying to make money off of other people’s work. I could even deal with the ads but they only let you play a few minutes before there is an unskippable pay wall. Hopefully they will let people who have purchased the app get the whole game without subscribing to their stupid service sometime soon.
Developer Response ,
Everyone who bought this game prior to this update will continue to have full access (with no ads, banners, etc.) without starting a subscription. Unfortunately, we are sometimes unable to automatically detect a previous purchase and need to go through a few steps to verify. Once a purchase is verified, you will no longer see any subscription messaging or ads for GameClub.
- GameClub Inc.
- 66.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2009 Rocketcat LLC
- In-App Purchases
- GameClub Monthly Subscription $4.99
- GameClub Monthly Subscription $4.99
- GameClub Unlimited $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.