The new and improved version of the acclaimed sports sim Hoops Manager is out. Hoops Manager 2 offers all the great gameplay and realism of Hoops Manager, and more!
If you ever thought that you could run your favorite basketball team better than 'they can', Hoops Manager 2 is for you. Hoops Manager 2 is a full featured sports simulation for professional american basketball. Take over one of 30 teams and guide them to the championship!
Hoops Manager 2 includes:
- full featured team editor, now you can even change team logos and colors!
- player editor for full control of player ratings and details
- ratings based on actual player performance
- includes 7 complete data sets to base your league on (13-14 Season, 14-15 Season, 14-15 End of Season (final team rosters based on stats from that 14-15), 15-16 Season, 16-17 season, 17 - 18 season, 18-19 season and the upcoming / current 19-20 Season)
- improved sim accuracy
- advanced and standard statistics
- weekly, monthly and yearly awards
- free agency
- career progression and retirement
- salary cap (including Bird rights, etc)
- trades with up to 3 teams and including draft picks (both human and computer initiated)
- player level offensive and defensive strategy
- team level offensive and defensive formation and pace
- team depth charts
- power rankings
- draft lottery and draft
- All Star game
- full playoffs
- Training Camp
- News reports covering injuries, financials, top performances and awards
- advanced simulation actually plays the game rather than being generated as a composite of ratings and your coaching and strategy will make a difference
- shot chart for team and players during games
- games can be quick simmed (1-3 seconds per game), coached directly or watched
- Editor to change player/ team information/ ratings plus Convert button to find and change player names to real name
If you experience any problems with HM2, please let me know. firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated to correctly display on newer devices and added the 19-20 season data set.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fun game, but changes needed
I love this game and it is very fun! However, I would like it to be more realistic, or at the very least have a settings menu with options to make it more realistic if one would like. During the draft phase, you can draft elite free agents would are then signed to a very cheap deal and teams become too stacked because of this. It would be nice if it was just a normal rookie draft and that would make the game more realistic. I also noticed during certain offseason phases of the game, I was able to pretty much propose any trade and the other team would be willing to accept it. For example, I was able to offer an average player for a hall of fame player and they happily accepted it. It would be nice if there was an option to ensure that fair/realistic trades for the whole season. Other then that, I love the in game coaching, team history, player history, and stats options of the game.
Could be 5
If you couldn’t draft free agents I woulda put 5.. this is really my only complaint other than I wish there was an option for a hard salary cap instead of the confusing soft cap. Other than that pretty good game, would love if these were fixed ! Would make it best sports manager game on App Store. Seems like every player is above average or better too once you get a few seasons in
Play with iPad
This is a great simulator. But they do not own an nba license, the names can make it very hard to identify the players. The stats are pretty realistic. I suggest playing on an iPad otherwise the text is very hard to see and gives me a huge headache. DEVELOPERS PLEASE INCREASE THE FONT SIZE!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.