** THIS IS THE CLIENT APP. **
You'll also need to run a Hop server on a Mac, or you'll need a friend to share their Hop server with you. https://hopvpn.com
1) A Mac running Hop in server mode
Hop lets you share your home Internet connection with yourself and your friends, anywhere in the world. When you travel, use Hop to access the Internet just like you would from home. Hop is a VPN service that you run yourself, and a great alternative to subscription VPN services.
Hop brings a new approach to VPN. With Hop, you run your own private VPN out of your home. Leave the Hop server running on a Mac at home while you travel, and you can get your home Internet beamed to you, anywhere. Access the Internet safely and securely, without the uncertainties of a third-party VPN provider or unknown ISP.
Hop was made by an industry veteran who came out with one of the Mac's first VPN services, NetShade, over 14 years ago. Before Hop, running a home-based VPN service with Internet forwarding was reserved for the few tinkerers or professionals with the know-how to set one up. Hop takes care of all the technical details, and makes it as easy as flipping a switch.
This iOS client app allows you to connect to your Mac-hosted Hop server. If you leave Hop running on a Mac at home when you travel, you can use the Hop app on iOS or Mac to connect to your home Internet. The VPN routes your traffic to the outside Internet, just like a subscription-based VPN service. But unlike a subscription VPN, your traffic goes through your own personal server at home, not an IP shared by hundreds of users simultaneously.
HOW HOP DIFFERS FROM A TRADITIONAL VPN SERVICE
- Excels at providing Internet access, since you're not using the IP address of a shared VPN server.
- More secure than a VPN service, since there's no VPN provider handling (and possibly inspecting/logging) your activity.
- Employs a cascade of techniques to bolster connection resiliency even in poor network conditions.
- You always get the full bandwidth of the server. No slowdowns because of shared resources.
- The actions of some users (i.e. getting blacklisted from websites) doesn't affect all the other users of the service, since they're not sharing the same IP addresses.
1) A Mac sitting at home while you travel, to run the Hop server
2) The Hop app
3) A compatible router (one that supports UPnP or NAT-PMP is preferable for zero-configuration setup)
Hop lets you access the Internet as you do from your own home.
The Hop Connect app is a free download, and you can use it without a paid subscription to connect to other users' Hop servers, if they share them with you. To run your own servers, you'll need a Hop subscription.
• Subscriptions to Hop are auto-renewing, and can be purchased as in-app purchases inside the Hop Connect app. There's an Annual and a Monthly subscription. Each provides access to the Hop service, allowing you to host up to 5 of your own Hop server instances.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Built with latest SDK
Ratings and Reviews
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Rayner Software
- 9.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2020 Rayner Software LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Hop Monthly subscription $4.99
- Hop Annual subscription $49.99