"Blanket recommendation for this one." - Pocket Tactics (5/5 stars)
"It's very simple to learn, but there's a huge amount of depth to the game" - Touch Arcade (5/5 stars)
Hoplite is a turn-based strategy game focusing on tactical movement around small maps.
This game is designed to be hard, yet fair. You'll need to think before you act if you hope to win. Every move counts!
• Make strategical choices to upgrade your abilities as you dive deeper into the underworld.
• Earn achievements and unlock access to new upgrades.
• Procedurally generated levels give a new experience every play.
• Challenge your friends and see how you rank on the leaderboard.
• Jump straight into the action with a randomized set of upgrades.
• Try to beat the daily challenge or play predetermined challenges at two difficulty levels.
Fixed music from other apps being muted while game is running.
Several minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Very good "bite-sized" strategy game. The scale of the game is not huge, and that's part of it's appeal. The simpler graphics are also a part of it's appeal ( retro and more modern). When you do end up getting the fleece you feel you've accomplished a good battle run. The added options of more life, more energy, longer jumps, etc. are a nice addition to your strategy plans ( bonus -- they are IAP free). Well done!
This is a pretty solid turn-based game. It will take you time to get good at it, which can be discouraging at first, but once you get the hang of it you'll start to like it better. It's not a perfect strategy game, but it does what it does pretty well.
Also, it has a fun challenge of the day mode that is shorter than the normal game where you start off with different varieties of power ups. This feature kind of saves the game for me, to be honest, as the longer game can take a good chunk of your time to get through. About 20-30 mins. Plus, it's kind of annoying to have to start off for the very beginning every time.
A simple but fun game. Innovative. The rules are easy but it gradually becomes harder level by level sucking you in. Fun mechanics. Short games are easy to play multiple times in one setting. Achievements give you some longer term goals. More of a strategy game than everything, this is not a simulation or a role playing game. Highly recommended.
- Douglas Cowley
- 174.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2013, Doug Cowley
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.