"Blanket recommendation for this one." - Pocket Tactics (5 stars)
"It's very simple to learn, but there's a huge amount of depth to the game" - Touch Arcade (5 stars)
Hoplite is a turn-based strategy game focusing on tactical movement around small maps.
This game is designed to be hard, yet fair. You'll need to think before you act if you hope to win. Every move counts!
• Make strategical choices to upgrade your abilities as you dive deeper into the underworld.
• Earn achievements and unlock access to new upgrades.
• Procedurally generated levels give a new experience every play.
• Challenge your friends and see how you rank on the leaderboard.
• Jump straight into the action with a randomized set of upgrades.
• Try to beat the daily challenge or play predetermined challenges at two difficulty levels.
- Fullscreen support for devices with notch
- New leaderboards
- German, Russian and Portuguese translations
- Altars tweaked to allow gaining a specific build easier
- Wizard Beam is always available on depth 8 (if unlocked)
- Choices that have been seen less in the current game are given priority
Ratings and Reviews
Highly Recommend. Worth the price!!
This game is an absolute beauty. I love the look and play style. I’ve had this game for years and love playing it on my free time at work. The only thing I wish was different, is if you could customize the character. Such as getting so far or completing challenges you get new armor or weapon skins permanently where after each death and start of a new round/game, you’d still have that armor set or weapon that appeals to you. I fell like customization of the character would really top the cake on this one. Other than that, the game is almost flawless/perfect.
Support For New Devices!
Although I stopped playing games that didn’t have widescreen support, I couldn’t bear to delete this one so it languished in my “Purgatory” folder with a (very) few other gems from yesteryear. But no more! I have moved it out of my folder of exile and placed it back on page 2 with the rest of my mostest favoritest games EVAR!
Look on his works, ye mighty, and despair!
This is a pretty solid turn-based game. It will take you time to get good at it, which can be discouraging at first, but once you get the hang of it you'll start to like it better. It's not a perfect strategy game, but it does what it does pretty well.
Also, it has a fun challenge of the day mode that is shorter than the normal game where you start off with different varieties of power ups. This feature kind of saves the game for me, to be honest, as the longer game can take a good chunk of your time to get through. About 20-30 mins. Plus, it's kind of annoying to have to start off for the very beginning every time.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Douglas Cowley
- 55.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2013, Doug Cowley
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.