Introducing kids to coding early is seen as vitally important by parents, educators, and tech leaders. Give your child a head start in learning how to code with Hopster Coding Safari.
We have created this animal themed pre-coding logic game to help kids learn the fundamentals of coding. Children are presented with a series of logic problems to solve, getting different animals to where they need to be.
What your child will learn from Hopster Coding Safari:
- The fundamentals of computational thinking
- Foundations of coding
- Problem solving
This game will engage young children in computational thinking - the fundamental techniques needed to understand coding - without them realising they are learning. It will also ignite their passion for puzzles and problem-solving - all while playing a fun game with animals.
It could be the Tiger that needs to get back to her den, the Penguin trying to return to its Antarctic Ice Hole, the hungry Monkey desperate to get to the banana tree, or one of the other animals in this app - here, play is at the heart of learning to code.
The tasks in Hopster Coding Safari become increasingly complex to resolve, and completing them gently guides your child through the four fundamental techniques of computational thinking:
- Pattern recognition
These are the basic techniques children need in order to learn how to code. So our game doesn't teach any specific programming languages but gives young children these foundations from which they will build on and learn to code.
Our Learning Goals:
1. Introducing children to computational thinking
• Going through a problem-solving process
• Breaking it down & looking for patterns
• Developing a step-by-step solution
• Reflecting on their choices
2. Delivering key computer science standards for UK (Early Years & Key Stage 1) and US Curriculum (Kindergarten through 2nd Grade)
• Understand what algorithms are
• Create and follow algorithms
• Model the way programs store and manipulate data by using symbols to represent information
• Develop programs with sequences and simple loops, to express ideas or address a problem
• Decompose the steps needed to solve a problem into a precise sequence of instructions
• Debug errors in algorithm that includes sequences and simple loops
• Use logical reasoning to predict the behaviour of simple programs
Toddlers and preschoolers will love the animal theme, and each one has been chosen to represent one of the 7 continents - Bear (North America), Fox (Europe), Tiger (Asia), Elephant (Africa), Monkey (South America), Penguin (Antarctica), and Kangaroo (Australia).
Built by the team behind Hopster, the award-winning kids learning and entertainment app, Hopster Coding Safari is 100% safe and ad-free.
Unlock the second coding world through a single in-app purchase or by using your existing Hopster subscription*
*You will need to create a Hopster login to use an existing subscription across other apps and platforms.
We’re always making updates to Coding Safari. This time it’s nothing fancy, just some under the hood improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great intro to coding skills
I didn’t want to be one of those parents that fights their kids when they use the screen. Instead I wanted to encourage mine to use it in a positive way. To that end I got this app for my 3 year old. He loves the sense of accomplishment when he completes the different levels and he’s engaged throughout the process.
I am a retired coder. I got this for my 2.5 year old granddaughter. Not only is she learning logic, but she is developing fine motor skills as well. Drag and drop is pretty hard for small fingers, but she is improving quickly. I was surprised at how long she stayed engaged. Fantastic app. Thank you!
2yr old plays Loves this game
My little one is 2 1/2 she plays only with the bear it’s a start but she loves the tigers im glad there are small children friendly apps now thank you for such a wonderful app to teach and have fun very easy for her and the other children I babysit all age ranges.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Plato Media Ltd.
- 62.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0–5
- © Plato Media Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- World Two $1.99