Hot Hands is the new fast and furious tip-of-the-tongue game from The Ellen DeGeneres Show and the makers of Heads Up!, combining all the fun of celebrities and pop-culture savvy with a big red button.
Choose from a variety of categories, from TV Stars to Award Winners, and Musicians. See a picture of a celebrity on the screen, say their name, and press the red button, but hurry! You have only three seconds to identify who each celebrity is! If excitedly shouting celebrity names isn’t an option, you can also play in Multiple Choice and Initials modes. Think you’re hot? Challenge your friends to compete in Multiplayer mode. May the hottest hands win!
More updates and improvements!
Ratings and Reviews
Frustrating to play
The game would be more fun with certain improvements. One is I f the voice mode worked. I have specifically noticed that it almost NEVER works on the very first question even after I say the correct answer. I follow the tips and say the full name before pressing the button and it counts my correct answer as incorrect.
Because voice mode was so unpredictable, I decided to go with multiple choice mode which is just as frustrating for different reasons. In the short time given, its nearly impossible to look up at the face and then select from the choices at the bottom in time. Even an extra 5 seconds on the clock would be more helpful.
Also, I have noticed that the game cheats. Often if I am doing better than usual, this is when the voice mode stops working or the time bar seems to run faster when I am trying to say the name.
I’m deleting the game and I don’t recommend it at this point. Play HQ twice a day. At least they have a good reason when they glitch. Trying to connect over a million people at one time is quite an undertaking. This is just poor tech or on purpose.
Could Be So Much Better
I love Ellen, her show and her games, but I’m disappointed with the quality of this game. Downloaded this a few months ago and right away noticed problems. 1) In voice mode, I NEVER get the first one correct even if I say the correct answer. I’ve even followed the troubleshooting to make sure I say the entire name, but it still doesn’t work. 2) Most of the achievements either stop keeping track or they are impossible to achieve. Ex: How can you get 25 correct when it doesn’t go past 25? 3) Desperately needs new decks. The only one that’s been added since I started playing was “Green” around St. Patrick’s Day, but it doesn’t track leadership boards, achievements, etc. 4) The game caps at level 65.
I don’t mind the ads if it keeps the game free. But, I would like to see things like new decks or avatars that I can use my gazillion stars/points to purchase. Also, I know I don’t have to play if I don’t like it. The problem is that I do like it. However, with all the issues, I only open the app to receive my daily bonus and complete the daily challenges.
1. Make sure all of the “achievements” can actually be achieved. ie-get 25 answers correct in a single round...great idea but it doesn’t allow you to get any more questions past the required number needed for a perfect score, even when you’ve got extra time?
2. If the multiplayer games you’ve initiated against players don’t play after a certain number of games they should automatically forfeit.
3. There should be short explanations for the achievements so I’m not having to guess what I need to do to earn it. For instance in the “Say What?” achievement do I need to get 100% correct in a single round of voice mode in all different categories?
4. Fix bugs where it doesn’t recognize achievements. I should’ve gotten the “perfection!!” achievement a bunch of times (because I’ve counted) and I’ve not received it.
5. I invited 2 fb friends and then thought of a couple more to invite, but now I’m unable to invite any more? As in the button isn’t working to add anyone else. Boo.
There are probably more improvements that should be made that I haven’t thought of, but these seem pretty obvious. Overall, it’s pretty fun and can be addictive.
- Warner Bros. Entertainment
- 115.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Ellen Digital Ventures
- In-App Purchases
- Starter Pack $0.99
- Matchbox of Stars $4.99
- Burst of Stars $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.