This app shows over 1,660 hot or thermal springs throughout the USA. Each location displays the temperature of the hot spring, the local weather, elevation, nearest city, an Internet search of the hot spring, Flickr geotag search, and more. Easily locate the hot springs nearest you.
- Send location data directly to our Road Trip Planner app.
- Import GPX files; this makes it much easier to find locations along your route
- Show the route between your location and a map pin location.
The locations were obtained from the National Geophysical Data Center and user submissions.
- Added a few user interface enhancements.
- Few bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Will get likely get better with time
Nice platform but not enough info. Would be far more useful if it provided information on accessibility. Many of the hot springs shown on the map are on private property and not open to the public. Wouldn’t use it to plan a road trip but if I were already in an area anyway it may provide something to research more or inquire about with locals. Will likely get far better with more user participation.
I'm willing to update this review for future improvements but right now this app is wholly unhelpful. Ive now been to several springs noted on this map that were either mislocated, nonexistent, on private property, or not hot (i.e. A cold spring). The data on this app pulls from some 3rd party source and is clearly outdated. There is no description of how to get to a spring and no ability for user reviews or comments. This app is way beta right now.
This is a very valuable resource. I would request the following changes:
*Allow more hotsprings to be displayed at a time. Some areas are very dense and you can’t see any
*Update some springs that no longer exist (Warner Valley)
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. As for your requests:
• Sorry, but I don't quite understand this request. The map displays all the hot springs, and you zoom in or out to see more or fewer hot springs.
• To submit an update on an existing hot spring, go to the detail view, tap the lower left button (box with an up arrow), and tap "Report a location issue." There are two Warner Valley hot springs so I'm not sure which you're reporting.
Please contact us for additional support. It is difficult to converse via app reviews.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.