Hound is the best way to search using your natural voice.
What do we mean by natural voice? Instead of talking like a search query "OK Hound… Find Chinese restaurants", just ask "OK Hound… What are the top rated Chinese restaurants near me?" You'll be amazed at the lightning-fast response.
Want to try something more advanced? Hound can use follow-up questions and commands to filter, sort, or add more information to the original request. Give this a shot: "OK Hound… Find Asian restaurants rated 4 stars or more within walking distance of Times Square and exclude Chinese, Korean, and Thai"
But Hound isn't limited to restaurants and coffee shops. Use Hound to:
Make your driving easier with Hound In Car:
“OK Hound… Help me drive”
“OK Hound… How long does it take to drive home?”
“OK Hound… Drive to the closest gas station”
Search, discover, and play music:
- “OK Hound... What song is playing?”
- “OK Hound... Play the top hits by Echo & the Bunnymen”
Access Spotify with hands-free controls:
“OK Hound… Show my Spotify playlists”
“OK Hound… Play my Discover Weekly playlist”
“OK Hound… Skip to the next song”
Research and get trivia answers quickly:
- “OK Hound... When was Alexa Alemanni born?"
- “OK Hound... Tell me about the constellation Lyra"
- “OK Hound... Tell me about the Amazon River"
Set alarms and timers:
- "OK Hound… Set an alarm for 7am every weekday"
- "OK Hound… Set a timer to take out the chicken in 40 minutes"
Get the latest news:
- “OK Hound… Show me the latest news headlines”
- “OK Hound… Play me the latest news from NPR”
- “OK Hound… What is stock price of Amazon?”
Call, text, navigate handsfree:
- “OK Hound… Call Alexa at work"
- “OK Hound… Text Jeff ‘I’ll be there in five minutes’”
- “OK Hound… Show me directions to the nearest Whole Foods”
Get the weather forecast:
- “OK Hound… What’s the weather going to be like tomorrow at 6pm?
- “OK Hound… How about in Seattle in two weeks?”
Plan a night out at the movies:
- "OK Hound… What movies are playing near me around 7pm?"
- "OK Hound… What are the top action movies in theaters right now?"
- "OK Hound… What movies are playing in IMAX?"
Book an Uber:
- "OK Hound… How much is an Uber to the airport?"
- "OK Hound… Get an Uber to the nearest movie theater"
Search for hotels and plan your travel:
- “OK Hound… Show hotels in Seattle that are pet-friendly, have a gym, and cost less than $275”
Numbers, calculations, and even mortgage estimates:
- “OK Hound… What is a prime number?”
- “OK Hound… What is the square root of 16 minus the square root of 9?”
- "OK Hound… Split a $96 bill two ways with a 15% tip"
- "OK Hound… What's the monthly payment for a $500,000 house with 20% down?"
What will you use Hound for?
Hound takes speed and accuracy to a new level thanks to our powerful Houndify platform, combining Speech Recognition and Natural Language Understanding into a single step. We call it Speech-to-Meaning (TM). Other assistants simply translate words into text, and the do a voice search the old way. But just recognizing words isn't fast enough! Hound, powered by Houndify, is the fastest and most accurate independent voice assistant in the market today.
End User Agreement: http://www.soundhound.com/hound-end-user-agreement
Want to give Hound a new voice? This latest update has a feature you’ve all been asking for: The option to choose a custom voice for Hound. We’ve added a number of different voices and accents for you to choose from. For further customization, don’t forget that you can change the speed at which Hound talks: slow or fast! Try out the different options, and change Hound’s voice to your liking. Just say…
“OK Hound… Change your voice”
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Hound Is a Great Assistant
I like Hound because it is very responsive and intelligent. I love the "Ok Hound" feature, but unfortunately you have to be on the app to be able to use it. I like the answers but I wish this assistant had more of a personality like Cortana or even Siri. I wish it was able to know your name and knew that (example): Holly is your Aunt. Overall I like this app and it has so much to offer
It's a lot more responsive
When I first started using the app, it didn't seem to be much different than the google feature but now it works really smoothly.
Almost works as advertised
It works better than Siri except for when the phone is locked. Also have fun deleting the app! I figured out how but you might not! Notifications to home screen is why I removed it.
- SoundHound, Inc.
- 58.8 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 SoundHound Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.