HourStack is a simple tool for managing your time. Maximize your time efficiency with daily time allocation and time tracking.
Plan ahead by creating time entries in the future, then when the time comes to work on the task, start the timer to track how much time you actually spend and compare with your estimate.
Set up your work week by customizing how many hours you work in a day, and see how well utilized you are. If you are over-allocated for a particular day then warning indicators will highlight this to you so you can allocate time better.
- Cloud based, completely free, with no subscription required.
- Unlimited entries, projects and labels.
- Simple and elegant interface for managing your time entries and tracking time.
- Filter to individual projects or labels to un-clutter your week.
- Drag and drop entries to different days for quick and easy planning.
- Notifications for when over your time allocation.
- Proximity notifications to remind you to turn off timers when you change location.
- Custom week settings to set how many hours you work and when.
- Daily utilization and over-allocation indicators.
- Works in real-time with browser-based web version.
- Paid subscription available in web version to allow for reporting and multi-user access.
An internet connection is required to use this app.
Various bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app and the integrations it has to offer.
Apple widget is essential though in my opinion for seamlessly starting and stoping trackers, please please make this available in the next update!
Thanks to the dev team for making such an intuitive and helpful app. Looking forward to it!
I love this app!
I am the worst with time management and I’ve tried EVERYTHING. I finally feel like I’m being productive and organized. The timer feature is a game changer! However, the timer is buggy. Sometimes the count resets on its own or is just inaccurate. Once it showed I was in a task for over 2 hrs and clearly only more than an hour had passed. Overall, thought this is an excellent productivity tool that’s worth the monthly subscription. If I could only import my schedule to Google calendar.
not yet ready for iPad
Not a native app and not available for iPad, but a useful tool. I will stick to the web version on those platforms.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.