QUICK AND EASY time entry and editing make time tracking painless
• Record time using timers, complete with support for Breaks and Pauses, including automatic breaks
• Track your pay, including Tips, Mileage, and flexible ± time and earnings adjustments
• Pick any time to start, stop, break or pause the timer (7 minutes ago, 10 minutes from now, whatever you need)
• Set job locations to get clock in and out reminders when you arrive or leave or fully automate your time tracking (geofencing)
• Manually enter time entries with minimal effort thanks to smart, adaptive defaults
• Enter comments of any length with your time entries and optionally include them in your exports
• Control timers, dictate comments, and apply tags using your Apple Watch
ADVANCED FEATURES and customization set HoursTracker above the rest
• Automatic daily and weekly overtime earnings calculations
• Built-in reports by Day, Week, and Month and support for most common pay period schedules
• Robust tagging and filtering allow you to build your own custom views
• Reminders when you've worked your target number of hours per day (even takes time rounding into account)
• Automatic time rounding: up, down, or to nearest (including 6 min)
• Easily copy an existing job or time entry to save time and effort
• Reminders you to clock in on your selected work days
• Today Widget for at a glance time and pay monitoring
• CSV and formatted text export via e-mail or the iOS Share Sheet
• Passcode lock (with Touch ID & Face ID support) helps keep your HoursTracker data private
• Cloud-based backup/restore with one re-usable backup slot included free (free account sign up is required)
• Web-based reporting access, including charts, graphs, desktop exports, and rolling backups available with optional subscription
• Customize your HoursTracker experience in the Preferences section under the More tab. Choose only one or many jobs clocked in at a time, opt-into prompts for comments, choose an elapsed time format (hours:minutes, or decimal hours), and more
"Free Edition" stores up to 3 jobs and 21 days of entries. For unlimited entries, upgrade to the "Personal" (up to 5 jobs) or "Pro" (unlimited jobs) edition. Or, erase older data and continue to use the "Free Edition" until you're ready to buy.
Visit our website at http://www.hourstrackerapp.com to learn more, and follow @HoursTracker on Twitter or facebook.com/HoursTracker to hear about upcoming features first.
Use the 'Shortcuts' app to control HoursTracker via Siri voice commands without even launching the app. Or, use HoursTracker's new Shortcut Actions with the Shortcuts app to build your own custom time tracking workflows.
You can do things like Clock In, Start a Break, or Clock Out. You can also export data, create time entries, or just launch HoursTracker to a specific job.
ADDITIONAL SMART TAGS
HoursTracker will automatically apply 'Last Month', 'Last Year', and 'Overtime' smart tags to your time entries. You can use these in Filters, or in Search, to control which time entries are shown onscreen.
Mileage is now automatically totaled separately in both text and CSV format data exports.
PAUSED/ON BREAK JOBS
It is now a lot easier to spot when a job is paused or on a break while looking at the jobs list. These jobs will show a clearly-visible indicator bar at the left of the screen.
AUTOMATIC EXPORT SUBJECT LINES
When exporting from the Entries or Pay Periods reports, HoursTracker will now automatically include the time period for the export in the Subject field.
Shortcuts sometimes did not work when the device was locked. Location-based reminder notifications now present start/stop screens when tapped. Location awareness was not working when the app was force-closed. Clock-in Reminders were not showing. Some notifications were not properly displayed. Homescreen widget was displaying incorrect weekly hours in some cases. Location Awareness was disabled for 24 hours if a clock in or out reminder was ignored.
Ratings and Reviews
Please, oh please
Update: One thing I do wish was possible is to edit tax rate on existing jobs. I have 2 pay periods worth of jobs and realized I miscalculated the tax rate (put 6% when it’s actually around 21%). But it seems the only way to fix this is to make new jobs for each of those days with the updated percentage. There’s an edit function, but it doesn’t include the tax percentage.
Keep this updated! One of the most helpful apps I’ve ever had! 😃. Takes a little bit of set up to get tax rates, overtime and double time programmed, but after that it’s as easy as punching in your clock-in/clock-out, adding your breaks and other details if they are relevant, and then it gives you a pretty accurate approximation of your net income. Really nice to be able to see what I can expect on my next check without having to do all the math myself. Free version gives you 3 “jobs” (or if you’re an hourly employee, these would work like hours per day. The paid version, which is $10, gives you unlimited jobs/days, and it keeps them categorized by days, weeks, months, so you can get an overview of how many hours and how much you’ve made total in those categories. I’m finding it well worth the price.
Developer Response ,
In HoursTracker, everything can always be edited. Here's how you can edit the tax percentage for any existing job:
1. Tap the pencil icon to the right of the job's name on the job's details screen to edit the job.
2. Scroll down. The tax percentage is near the bottom of the Edit Job screen.
3. Tap the Done button in the upper right corner when you are finished editing the job.
Note, the new tax rate will be applied to every pay period for that job, including ones in the past. If you want to have a new tax rate that only applies going forward, then you would want to create a new job with that rate, and then track the new time entries under that job so that the existing pay periods can remain as-is.
The best way to create a new job that has the same settings as an existing job is to use the Copy Job function. From the Jobs list, swipe left on the job you want to copy, and then select the Copy button that appears on the right side.
When it works, it’s seamless and brilliant...until...?
What prompted me to write this review is missing three days worth of punches, and not having any sort of alternate follow up available to be able to figure out when and where I was.
This is an app I’ve used for years and actually love it quite a bit. It does everything you need it to do very well, and seamlessly in most cases. I go between locations/buildings quite a bit throughout the day, so it knows where I am and how long I was there, helps keep me aware of how much time I’m spending in one place or another. I even use it for things that are not job related just to help me keep track of how long I spend at certain locations (gym) which is a great time planning tool.
It’s very frustrating though when I go for days at a time having it work great, then for some inexplicable reason it decides not to track anything. The Geo fencing is good, but if it’s not, then you end up running the risk of not having punches tracked. For whatever reason this seems to coincide when I do manual entries, the Geo fencing doesn’t kick in afterwards. Much as I would like to say this is a set-and-forget kind of app, you do actually need to be on top of it to make sure it’s not missing things which to me sort of defeats the purpose. That way you can remember quickly what it was and manually add it.
I’ve been using this app for about 5 years. After high school I got my first job at a mom and pop shop and they didn’t necessarily have a good clock in system. ( I had to call the owners house phone and leave a voicemail of the time I began to work and finished for the night). I wanted to make sure I wasn’t losing any money so I started to track my hours with this app and estimated what the tax rate was. Once I got it figured out it always helped me see what I should expect on my check and it was always a couple dollars short or over but it was mostly accurate. Now I use it to keep track of the amount of money I should be getting from multiple jobs. I’m not sure if there is an option to add tips to jobs, I haven’t been able to find anything on that but it would be a great addition to add to this app to make it better. It’s worth paying for when you need to track multiple jobs and add multiple entries without having to delete any.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cribasoft, LLC
- 28.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2009–2021 cribasoft, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Personal Edition Upgrade $5.99
- Pro Edition Upgrade $9.99
- Migrate from HoursTracker Pro $0.00
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.