HouseCurve is a tool for visually comparing the sound of your audio system to a reference curve.
* Works with AirPlay, Bluetooth or line-out
* Rapid collection and averaging of measurements
* Automatic measurement validation (sound level and interference)
* Three common reference curves are included
* Supports custom reference curves
* Adjustable fractional octave smoothing
* Decade or octave frequency scales
* Supports external microphones and calibration files
HouseCurve was designed for tuning audio systems. For example, manually adjusting an equalizer in a home or car stereo.
HouseCurve works by playing a few seconds of pink noise through your audio system and measuring the in-room frequency response. Multiple measurements are averaged to fully capture how the system sounds in the listening area. Measurements are displayed on top of the reference curve, making it easy to determine how to adjust your system. By making small adjustments and repeating measurements, you can tune your system to the reference curve.
HouseCurve was designed to produce acceptable results with the iPhone / iPad microphone. For users wanting higher accuracy, HouseCurve also supports calibrated external microphones.
For custom reference curves and microphone calibration, HouseCurve supports the following (de facto) standard: A space or tab delimited text file with a frequency (Hz) followed by a gain (dB) on each line. A third phase value may be included but is ignored. Lines starting with non-numeric characters are ignored. Frequencies must be listed in increasing order. HouseCurve will interpolate a curve from 20-20000 Hz using the values provided. The file extension may be txt or frd.
* Fixes an issue on older devices where test signal could not be detected after switching apps
* Fixes an issue where HouseCurve may crash when measurement started
* Increased delay between timing chirp and pink noise to avoid interference
* Updated for iOS 13.3 and up
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
For anyone owning a graphic equalizer, this is a great resource for tweaking your system to compensate for changes to your system or room acoustics. For example I rearranged an upholstered sofa and it really threw off my upper frequency response. I had an odd hole at around 125hz that I have now adjusted with the equalizer. Love this app!
Great and simple
Used this to tune my newly installed speakers and crossovers in my car using just my iPhone, and within 5 minutes I was in audio nirvana. Money well spent.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.