The Houston Chronicle now brings credible, in-depth, award-winning journalism, with extensive coverage in politics, sports, entertainment, and more in a redesigned and reimagined experience for your iOS devices.
The Houston Chronicle app gives you access to all news anytime, anywhere. Whether it’s news in your neighborhood, Harris County, the great state of Texas, the U.S. or the world, if it impacts you, count on us to keep you informed. And with topic-specific push alerts, you can opt-in to the coverage that matters most to you.
• Up-to-the-minute breaking news from our Pulitzer Prize award-inning newsroom
• Top headlines you can browse or select to read in full so you are always in-the-know
• Get the news you want as it breaks by opting in for push notifications
• Access to Texas Sports Nation, the premier online destination created for the Houston sports superfan, chock-full of exclusive insider access you will not find anywhere else.
• Share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and email
• OPTIONS: Download the app for free and enjoy a limited number of free stories each month. Get unlimited access, 24/7, for just $9.99 a month (first 2 weeks are FREE) by subscribing within the app itself. Otherwise, if you are a Digital or Print subscriber you can log in to the app for full access. Simply use your website login.
• PAYMENT: Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase and will automatically renew each month unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of your monthly period.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase • Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
• TERMS OF SERVICE: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/terms_of_use/
• FEEDBACK: Tell us what you think! Our app features are constantly being improved based on your feedback. We welcome you to tell us what you love and what you’d like to see more (or less) of. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Rectifying a bug that is causing crashes after some users open notifications
Ratings and Reviews
Vastly improved tech
This is my THIRD time through with a Chronicle online subscription. The first was a total disaster...crashed constantly. A year or so later, I resubscribed and tried again. Better, but still a crash-hassle...so I dropped it again.
FINALLY, the app works!!! I am so glad because I love the local coverage and the Chronicle has historically provided good coverage of local business, issues, politics, hurricanes and sports. And now they are doing a good job with COVID.
The Houston Chronicle used to be a newspaper. It has turned into nothing more than a propaganda sheet for the democratic party.
We no longer can even read front page “news” stories that are not editorials.
Some of the biggest stories that affect our very democracy are not even covered:
The Russian collusion investigation findings.
The Oval Office directing the FBI to spy on the incoming administration.
Biden’s quid pro quo with Ukraine.
Weaponizing the IRS against conservative organizations.
The shutdown of coverage of the findings from the Hunter Biden laptop.
The very real instances of fraudulent and unlawful conduct in our last election.
The snap impeachment, conducted without even a single witness being called. I have found no mention of John Sullivan since the riot.
No condemnation of the shutdown of speech on social media platforms.
The Chronicle is complicit in all of these abuses of our democracy. You are only complicit now; you should realize that it’s only a matter of time until your “news” coverage will be dictated to you.
A free and fair press is the guardian of democracy. Your job is to hold the politicians in check, and report abuses.
Terrible app and poor service
One of the least function apps on my smart device. I enjoy reading, or I would if I could, the chronicle e-edition. Unfortunately every time I attempt to access the e-edition I am required to go thru a 4 step process and relink my subscription? I have reached out to the chronicle e-edition via e-mail seeking help several times but no response. So not entirely sure whether it is the app or the chronicle, but the combination has resulted in a very poor user experience.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hearst Newspapers LLC
- 24.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2021 Hearst Newspapers, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Houston Chronicle for iPad $5.99
- Houston Chronicle $5.99
- Houston Chronicle for iPad $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.